Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM

My neighbour's cat beat my cats!!! Help!!!

Hello everyone I am new here I need your assistance, I am an animal lover I have 2 siameses cat 2 brothers Smokey and Tonka, I live in a nice area and my cat are use to go outside. A year ago we moved here and the neighbour's cat Ti-Pooh was the king of the area. He is a main coon supposively fixed!!! But since we moved he started attack my cats as soon as they go outside he is waiting for them. It's not small fights it's really big fights the fur is all over the place and they scream like they want to kill each other. My cats often get really hurt I had to go to the vet several times, I am tired of that. I don't want to have a bad relation with my neighbour but I am fed up with his cat. My cat never go there they are to scared but Ti-Pooh is always at my place he sometimes come in my patio door and they fight between the glass, I tried water, I tried to scare him but I can be there all the time, and I don't want to forbid my cat inside because of him!!!

I don't want to hurt him but let me tell you that it went trought my mind when I see my Smokey suffer for many days because of that cat. I thought of catch him and loose him, because I don't know what to do anymore.

Help me please hope you have a solution for me.

Anik
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

Is it possible to keep your cat inside?

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Yes, keep your cat inside, there are too many dangers outside nowadays, from other animals, to cars, to pesticides on lawns, to animal abusers.....
At my animal shelter, you have to sign a contract saying you will keep your adopted cat indoors. We will not adopt to people who will let their cat out. This is because we are the ones who pick up the stray cats, injured cats, and dead cats off the streets.
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:44 PM

There are also ways to keep your cats "inside" but let them go "outside" freely.

I think the products from this company look really cool ...

http://www.thecatsden.net/index.html

Last edited by Edgewaters; April 11th, 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old April 12th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome to the forum. Do you get along ok with your neighbor, perhaps you could work out a system where you can phone and she keeps her cat inside while yours are out.
Old April 12th, 2007, 03:17 PM

thank you so much for that link...i have an 18 year old that really wants out but i am afraid for her...that would be perfect!
prayers for your furbabies
Old April 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Anik,don't blame the other cat,or try to kidnap him,he has as much right as your cats to be outside,if the owners are foolish enough to let the cats out on their own.
Why don't you go outside with your cats,if you feel they HAVE to go out,arm yourself with a spraybottle of water.
Cats unfortunately don't know the boundaries between his yard and yours.
After having taken your cats to the vet several times with bitewounds,there is no way I would let them outside again on their own,one day these bitewounds might be lethal.