Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old July 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Bless you 14+!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikischo View Post
I did not mean anything I said in a critical way, but it obviously came across that way. I have a great deal of respect you and others like you who work tirelessly to help save lives and the world needs more people like you. Again I apologize.
It's ok . It's been one of those weeks. I know what my rescue friends are going to say - 'take a break'. I know but this cat just came out of no where.

So the cat (Chico) that saved the dog was saved today. What a day!
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor

BenMax, you are also an angel for caring about this wonderful boy. He deserves to spend his senior years loved. Would you be willing to post a photo of him now?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It just hit me. He's a grey and white TABBY!!! He will fit right in. Along with one more I hope.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Aw, what a great ending to this thread. Bless you all for your efforts. Now I'm crying. Although, I'm not sure why this thread is in the dog and cat food forum - but who cares now huh.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Aw, what a great ending to this thread. Bless you all for your efforts. Now I'm crying. Although, I'm not sure why this thread is in the dog and cat food forum - but who cares now huh.
OMG - I didn't notice I had him in food!!! I was too distraught to even look properly. You guys have no idea what I was doing trying to get this cat a home. All my rescue dog people have officially stamped me as 'nuts'.

What an emotional rollar coaster!!!!
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Doggie Wench

No need for thanks BenMax...Lucky says it's on him...
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:41 PM

What a great ending for chico the puss-cat

Well done BenMax and 14+

'God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in dogs heaven,and when they are tired from running around and barking, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping, god watches over each one of them and there are no bad dreams'.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ strikes again! you are so wonderful mf!

BM what a perfect end to a stressful day! Chico is one lucky kitty! thanks wonderful people out there!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Mickey, my angel

Another happy ending! Thanks to wonderful people like BenMax, luckypenny, and 14+kitties for making it possible.

Pictures of lucky Chico are expected to appear in due course!!!
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ thanks so much for taking him in!!! I watched this with high hopes someone could.

Also, please check your pm.

Diane
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc123 View Post
14+ thanks so much for taking him in!!! I watched this with high hopes someone could.

Also, please check your pm.

Diane
Diane - you are TOO MUCH!
This wonderful lady has offered me two thermal pads and about 6 or 7 brand new cat beds for my kitties!!! Thank you Diane!
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Rottie owner and lover

BM I am so glad something was able to be done. I tried from my end. Thank you 14+ from the bottom of everyones heart
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM
-

Not only that guys but ... 14+ has also offered many times to take Puce , so Puce and Chico will be traveling her way together !!!

sooooo much 14+ !
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Diane - you are TOO MUCH!
This wonderful lady has offered me two thermal pads and about 6 or 7 brand new cat beds for my kitties!!! Thank you Diane!
awwww so many here
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Not only that guys but ... 14+ has also offered many times to take Puce , so Puce and Chico will be traveling her way together !!!

sooooo much 14+ !
You are quite welcome Frenchy. Puce is a sweetie. As soon as you said he got along well with other kitties I figured he would fit in here!
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Puce too? This is excellent news too! 14+, I feel so lucky to know you.

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
-

14+ , if your hubby freaks out one day because of too many cats .... I will be adopting you ok ?
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
14+ , if your hubby freaks out one day because of too many cats .... I will be adopting you ok ?

You got a deal!! I actually have 'fessed up and told him there are two kitties coming on Tues. He said as long as they aren't in the house it's fine. And he will be building the new enclosure a little quicker now. Gotta love him!!
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

BM and 14+, you are angels! I'm crying over here at work like a big baby. I'm so glad Chico will get a chance at a good life now.
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Wow...so happy for Chico! I saw this thread on my Blackberry at work and couldn't reply, but wondered if there was a way to convince DH-to-be. That didn't seem very likely though, so I'm so happy to hear everything has worked out (for Puce too!) You're amazing 14+
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Senior Contributor

wow..im in awe.

Benmax, 14+....heroes!!!

14+ honestly.....speechless.

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:03 PM
~Cat Servent~

I wasn't sure I wanted to look..... but man I miss all the excitement when I'm at work!!! 14+ as usual....I love ya. And kudos to you all for the support and love and encouragement for BenMax and Chico(another white and tabby....too cute.... it was so meant to be!)

Man I love this place.....

(on a side note, I went over to see my dad's new costco shed today.... I simply mentioned how great it would be for rescuing cats and he looks at me and says 'don't even think about it!' .... I have got to get a house and my own yard!!!)

14....do you need a crate for them until hubby gets the next shelter built?? I still have that cat condo thing with the two perches if you need it!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
I wasn't sure I wanted to look..... but man I miss all the excitement when I'm at work!!! 14+ as usual....I love ya. And kudos to you all for the support and love and encouragement for BenMax and Chico(another white and tabby....too cute.... it was so meant to be!)

Man I love this place.....

(on a side note, I went over to see my dad's new costco shed today.... I simply mentioned how great it would be for rescuing cats and he looks at me and says 'don't even think about it!' .... I have got to get a house and my own yard!!!)

14....do you need a crate for them until hubby gets the next shelter built?? I still have that cat condo thing with the two perches if you need it!
Too funny your dad!!

Thanks kr for the offer of the crate. At the moment I am good. Chris and Ethel had brought me out another one when they came for their visit a while back. Right now the newest guy is in it. He is getting fixed on Monday night (at your vets) and will be getting moved soon.
As of last night things are kind of up in the air about this all. BenMax will be here soon to let everyone know what's happening I'm sure. It's good!

Last edited by 14+kitties; July 10th, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor

14+K - I thank you so very much first and formost.

Many do not know this but many people from Pets came forward: Of course 14+, L4H, Masha, Lucky Penny, Frenchy and RottieLover. There has been such tremendous support here at pets it really has touched my heart - as cold as some may think it is - I assure you it is warm and fuzzy right now.

There is a story behind this story of course. To be brief, I had to cat test a dog that was finding a forever home provided he passed the cat test. I tested him with Chico. Now if I touch an animal, I feel responsible for the fate from that day forward. I do not like to use one to save one. I believe then in saving both if I can. So outside of pets, alot of workings were in progress. I contacted everyone trustworthy I could think of - all over 2 provinces. There initially was no response and then they started to come in. Some saying good luck but we are all in the same boat. Some with prayers, tears and good wishes. Later that evening - I got confirmation that the people adopting the dog are also very interested in adopting the cat since one saved the other's life.

14+K has given me permission to let this cat go to his new forever home.

Bless each and everyone of you. You have humbled me, guided me and though I already knew it before - this place is so beautiful - full of wonderful, caring, dedicated, gorgeous human beings. If I did not say it before, I will say it now: I love you all so very much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:03 AM
150% PRO S/N

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
-

A beautiful end to what could have been a very sad happening. I wish Chico the happiest life in his new home

You are right BenMax, the people on pets.ca are a wonderful bunch of folks to you all
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

BM that is incredible news! How touching that the dogs adopters also wanted to take in Chico. It shows there still are some good people out there.

I wish I lived closer, I would offer my help more often, but it touches my heart to see how so many here came to help.

I was truly blessed to have found this place and all of you.

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Hey - not bad for a 'food' thread! All this emotion is making me hungry.
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG, this has brought tears to my eyes. God bless everybody who has reached out to help this kitty and dog, especially BenMax who has won my respect over and over again.
Special, special hugs to 14+kitties who is always there to help a kitty in need .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey