Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:23 PM

Looking for a fecal donor for my dog (yes, I am saying I want some of your healthy do

Hello everyone,

To make a long story and odd topic as short as possible.....I need to give my darling dog Lammy some fecal therapy to help restore his gut biome and get the ratio of good to bad bacteria back in balance. It's called FMT or Fecal Microbiota Therapy, and it's currently being done on humans for c.difficile infections and other serious gastro illnesses with absolutely amazing success. I am working with an integrative vet in the U.S. who recommended fecal transplant therapy after everything else has failed.

What I need is a small sample of poop from a very healthy dog with the following criteria:
- very healthy dog (male preferably) with no current illness or infection
- the dog is raw fed ideally, but home cooked is ok. Organic diet would be a dream (no kibble or canned diets). If the mother was raw fed as well, this would be fantastic.
- your dog has received minimal or no vaccinations after puppyhood
- your dog has never received antibiotics

If you have or know of a dog that fits these criteria and would like to help our family, I would be so, so grateful. I live in Montreal but will travel wherever I have to for the right donor.

If I can find a fecal donor and Lammy has a positive result, it could help perpetuate this potentially life-saving therapy for many animals. The more people hear about the amazing results of fecal transplant therapy, the more animals (and humans) will be spared from ineffective and damaging rounds of antibiotics, steroids and other drugs.

Our little guy is only 8 years old and he would melt your heart if you met him. Please let me know if you would be able to help us either through providing your pups poop or suggesting where I may find a suitable donor.

Thank you kindly,
Aster

Tags
donor, fecal therapy, montreal