Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old May 16th, 2010, 07:28 AM

need a reply ASAP.

i forgot the canned food for kiko outside in her bathroom (that means in the shade) since 6:50 this morning. at one point the temperature today reached 50 degrees centigrade.

when i came home and went to the fridge, i remembered i left it outside.

im quite sure shes hungry now.

but i need an answer , is it ok to feed it to her?

its currently in the fridge right now, i dont see any mold, just looks warm.

i mean the oils are complete fuilds now and not jelly like.

PS: i havent eaten yet, and im completely exhausted, and feel like im about to shake from the exhaustion. i dont eat until i feed kiko first. so please reply quickly.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

SSS I wouldnt risk it...do you have some more you can give her?

OH and make sure you eat too!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM

the food i get her is from where i work. its not located in our local groceory store. as soon as i found out i came on here right away, i still havent even changed my clothes X_X

i guess red meat is going to have to do for now.

is that ok? just raw red meat? i kept it in the fridge not the freezer where my mom usually keeps it, so im sure it hasnt spoiled.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

SSS your confusing me...

Is the food canned food? if yes and its been lofet out for several hours I would throw it away and not chance it considering the heat.

If your going to use raw red meat yes but she will likely have diarrea from it because she is not used to it. You should supervise her if it has bones in it and to make sure she can swallow it.

What kind of meat is it?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:16 AM

im quite sure its either cow (most likely) or goat. i doubt its goat. i thought it was cow until you asked what kind it is.

sorry if im confusing you, i was just tired, im more aware now, i think.

im 100% sure theres no bones, my mom left it for her, so im sure she'd know since she was handling it.

its eaten it before, and has had diarrea.
im just gonna get another can of cat food tomorrow.

thank you for letting me know. the ammount i gave her was giver or take the same size of a golf ball at most.
im sure raw meat is harder to digest than the canned food is, or atleast i think. i added water and mushed it up too.
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Good job! did Kiko eat it? did she seem to like it? youll be able to judge by how much she eats of it as to whether its enough!

So is it far from where you live to get canned food for her? what kind is it?

Thats awesome of your mom to be thinking of Kiko and save her some food!
So SSS what do you do in Kuwait? go to schoolluniversity? you mentioned work? what do you do?

Has the sand storm died down today?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Gotta boogie for a bit the dog needs to be walked...Ill check back in later! Hope you and Kiko have a wonderful day!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM

ooh kiko likes it haha. im sure i can put her red meat only seeing as how they are carnivores, but i'd rather give her the friskies salmon flavoured can by purina.

i work as a supervisor in the supply department in a groceory store. i work 8 hours a day everyday, except friday, thats my off day.

its atleast a 20 minute drive from home to work, and another 20 minute drive back. so about 1 hour of driving everyday. it would be ok without the heat of the sun.

i work from 7AM to 3PM.

i give kiko her 1st out of 3 meals before i leave. i eat my breakfast at work, so around 7:30AM. and i dont eat anything till 3 PM. after kiko eats.

so im up from anywhere between 5:30-6:00 AM.

anyhow, i dont do much in kuwait, besides, work, take care of kiko, sleep, and learn from you guys .

im going to either go into medic school and train to be a nurse or a paremedic or just go the whole nine yards and be a doctor.

OR go back to canada and finish school there.
my mom doesnt mind kiko, just that her allergies. otherwise, shes always like "do this" and "do that" , "its good for her trust me"
but by the time im done saying three different facts i've learned on her she just lets it go lol.

the storm died down about 2 days ago. so everything is A OK. but the summer is almost here. we'll be well into 50 degrees C everyday. 45 in the shade. i'd like to buy a cooler and put it under her blankets to keep her cold.

anyhow, thats if i have any money left over from my paycheck. basically all my money now goes to the building blocks of my future. so i dont have much left. whatevers left from this paycheck is for kiko.

anyhow, i hope you aswell have a wonderful day!