Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoica View Post
i never said it was a great food. i said it was a positive step forward for a grocery store to come up with something like this. the quality for the price is actually quite good when compared to it's counterparts.
I agree it is a positive step forward but if the food does contain ethoxyquin and menadione (which it likely does) then it is poor quality and very overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoica View Post
likewise, i never said i fed it either.
ummmm....yes, you did. Like 14+ said, I also distinctly remember you saying that you dumped the food in a plastic container (which, btw, you should never do) and threw the dog food bag out and you also said you still have the cat food bag.

And, I find it odd that you would delete all your posts except for the original one.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
Why not support brands that put ALL their efforts in to making top quality foods for pets?
Actually, other than their pet food, I quite like some of their other products.

Regarding pet food, I also prefer to buy brands that are made at the company's own manufacturing plant where there is no possibility of cross contamination from other pet companies products.

Last edited by Ford; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
-

Vet techs here in Canada don't need to go to school for it. I know many who are trained by the vets they work for. They unfortunately believe everything the vets tell them , instead of making research on their own.

I know my ex vet didn't know nothing about food , when he told me I should feed Medi-Cal vegeterian to Bailey because he had allergies. What do you know , a $70 bag of pop corn never did anything for Bailey

I think the most important thing here , is to know what you're feeding your pets. And get the most quality for what you can afford. But don't close your eyes and ears to infos you get here.

I know food like Acana and Orijen are better than what I'm feeding (Kirkland Chicken and rice) but at least I researched a lot to know the best I could feed on my revenues.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

hmmmm i find it odd the OP deleted all but the one thread too. I have a quick and simple comment to make....Echoica if you truly believe that the pet food industry has nothing but our pets welfare in mind when they create the crap they do.. maybe you should talk to our member Growler who's beautiful baby was poisoned by the same manufacurers..does the word melamine mean anything to you.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

PC Nutrition 1st cat food is the cat food I had Puddles and Snowball on their whole lives prior to being educated in cat nutrition by both Sugarcatmom and Growler. I believe it lead to the early death of Snowball and was killing Puddles very quickly and I don't think she would be alive today had I not changed her food.
Puddles fur was thin and greasy, she had no muscle mass left, just skin and bones :sad:.

I have since changed to quality food and homemade raw, the change in my cats, especially Puddles, is unbelievable and no more problems with Jasper scratching his eyes. Puddles is now like she was when she was a young cat. She developed muscle and her fur is now the quality of a champion Himalayan.

Just my

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

Last edited by Ford; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm a softy

L4h! It reminds me of that discussion that you and I had with all our 'friends' you know where.

They believed that because foods like pro plan sponsored dog thingys, then the champions must feed it, and it must be great!
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

it amazes me how many people don't know that most of the store brand dog foods are all made by one or two companies, and that those companies have major law suits against them..
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
PC Nutrition 1st cat food is the cat food I had Puddles and Snowball on their whole lives prior to being educated in cat nutrition by both Sugarcatmom and Growler. I believe it lead to the early death of Snowball and was killing Puddles very quickly and I don't think she would be alive today had I not changed her food.
L4H, The PC Nutrition 1st is not the same as their new formula which (unfortunately imo) they are calling PC Nutrition First. To me, if they are going to change the formula they should change the name completely so it is not so confusing.

I haven't checked the changes to the cat formula but the dog food ingredients are better in the new formula except for the unconfirmed ethoxyquin and menadione.

Last edited by Ford; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
it amazes me how many people don't know that most of the store brand dog foods are all made by one or two companies, and that those companies have major law suits against them..

I keep saying over and over to everyone that it is best to buy a brand from a company that has it's own manufacturing plant so there isn't a chance of cross contamination from other foods.

Last edited by Ford; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:26 PM

This thread has run it's course. As an aside, some members may want to review the rules on slander.
Closed Thread

Tags
pc nutrition first