Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old February 21st, 2009, 12:11 AM

Sugarcatmom.... Thank you SO MUCH!

My time is very short (awful week frankly), but I want you to know that I very much appreciate your input into Luna's situation. I'll read up more and decide soon... (another week... sigh.) Better response later.
~Scary
Old February 21st, 2009, 12:34 AM
Kitty pimp

as you continue to feed wet more and more you should also see
incresed activity it takes a while sometimes
Old October 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Question Luna update

Hey all, Here's my update on the slowly-shrinking wondercat, Luna; further comments/advice still welcome!

Luna has lost some weight - almost 2 pounds in 9 months, which is 2/3 of what she needs to, so that's great. The bad news is, its been while she was eating that Hills MD food discussed above.
When I posted last, I'd just bought 2 months worth of the Hills MD per my vet's rec, and in that time she lost a whole pound. When it was gone, I put her back on the same amount of Wellness wet (1/2 can twice a day - kibble very rarely, I got a friend to pet-sit/feed most often.) In three months on just Wellness - no loss, even a tiny gain! Three more months back on the Hills took off the other pound.
The Hills may take it off, but I'll have to find something to feed her to maintain the loss come Christmas.

In addition, I'm writing to ask about RAW... friends in BC feed only raw to their dogs with great health sucess, so I'm reconsidering and have learned it can be pre packaged with required supplements, etc. (vs. having to cut up carcasses, which I couldn't do.) Thoughts or brand recommendations for cats? Know of any Oakville-ON-area sources by chance?
Thanks for reading, Luna and I appreciate it!
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Scary,Pet-Connection on Third Line/Upper Middle rd in the Sobeys Plaza,sells the raw patties for cats and maybe other things raw,he has a great selection of good food for dogs/cats.
My cats would not even touch the patties,but your Luna might like them.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
In addition, I'm writing to ask about RAW... friends in BC feed only raw to their dogs with great health sucess, so I'm reconsidering and have learned it can be pre packaged with required supplements, etc. (vs. having to cut up carcasses, which I couldn't do.) Thoughts or brand recommendations for cats? Know of any Oakville-ON-area sources by chance?
Club Canine while produced in BC is available in 1 location in Toronto, click on "Locations"

Red Dog Blue Kat is also BC produced and it is available in 1 location in Toronto, click on "where to find us", "Ontario"

Fresh Start Rawfood for Dogs and Cats is also BC produced and it is available in 2 locations in Thunder Bay, click on "retailers", "Ontario"

Amore is also BC produced and it is available in 1 location in Oakville, click on "where to get it", "search for retailer"

Nature's Variety produced in the US also makes frozen rawfood it can be found in many specialty pet supply stores, click on "find a store".

Another option is Feline Future Instincts premade mix that you add to fresh meat.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM

PAWS and CLAWS Pet Pantry manufacture and sell raw dog and cat food.

Located in Caledonia, Ontario.

PAWS and CLAWS Pet Pantry www.freshpetfood.ca

List of Distributors: www.freshpetfood.ca/distributors.htm

I feed canned to our kitties, so I've never bought their food.

Lots of testimonials on site as well as a list of holistic vets, FAQs, Links.

"...Over the years we have grown to be able to offer: 13 varieties of canine and 4 varieties of feline meals, the individual products and supplements that go into our meals and a large selection of treats for both cats and dogs. Seven years later Paws and Claws Pet Pantry is still unique among all other raw food companies in upholding the highest level of standards, quality and customer service."

Best wishes.