Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 5th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Two dogs left in hot car at Mapleview Mall seized by Animal Control

Too bad many people are just plain dumb....and it's good that authorities don't seem to have a problem to hopefully bust through a windshield and save pets from stupid owners. Seems we need a few more years till the stupidity vanishes.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/57...nimal-control/
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It's just crazy. How can anyone not have heard about the dangers of leaving kids and pets in hot cars these days. At least there seem to be more people willing to take action now!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 5th, 2015, 08:12 PM

It's good to see people and cops being pro-active about this. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince...ruck-1.3177152
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
It's just crazy. How can anyone not have heard about the dangers of leaving kids and pets in hot cars these days. At least there seem to be more people willing to take action now!
This has a few times kids being left in a hot car ! I saw 2 stories about this on the news and one mother said she forgot her child was in the car another said the child was sleeping so she left him there while she when shopping! WT? !!! Both kids were removed from the mother care. I left Marty home once with the A/C running and water and food in his crate while I went out and got cooked in the heat . I was jealous of my dog .
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

I hate to say it but this reminds me of other automobile related policies that take a long time to change in the minds of people.... Seatbelt laws, drinking and driving laws, kids in the back of pickup truck laws etc.

At least it seems like more and more people are becoming aware that if they leave their pets in a hot car they will be shamed publicly.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 7th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I had someone call the police when I saw a dog in a hot car, I don't have a cell phone . The police lady came and went into the store looking for the owner and warned the person about leaving her dog is a hot car.
I had also gotten into arguments with people leaving their dogs in a hot car. I was warned by the ACO b/c some people get very angry when they're told how to care for their dog. I have a bowl of water in my car for my dog to drink after our walks .