Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM

Satori brand dog kibble?

Anyone using Satori? Can anyone provide some information on the manufacturer of Satori? My local "high-end" dog/cat store has really been pushing this Canadian brand of kibble.

http://satoripetfood.com/product.html

Here is the ingredient list for the dog chicken recipe:
Chicken Meal, Potato, Fresh Deboned Chicken, Peas, Salmon Meal, Whole Egg, Fresh Deboned Turkey, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Whitefish Meal, Flaxseed, Pea Starch, Suncured Alfalfa, Natural Flavours, Fresh Fruits & Vegetables (Pumpkin, Cranberries, Spinach, Blueberries, Pomegranate, Carrots, Apples, Tomatoes, Raspberries, Alfalfa Sprouts), Pea Fiber, Herring Oil (source of DHA), Choline Chloride, Kelp, Chicory Root Extract (FOS), Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS), Taurine, L-Carnitine, Yucca Schidigera, Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophillus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Enterococcus faecium), Digestive Enzymes (Papain, Bromelain, Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product), Botanicals (Aniseed, Cassia, Thyme, Rosemary, Chamomile, Horseradish, Juniper), Vitamins (Vitamin E, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Vitamin A, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid), Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Chelated Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate).

Guaranteed analysis:
Crude Protein (Min.) 33%
Crude Fat (Min.) 16%
Crude Fiber (Max.) 3.5%
Crude Moisture (Max.) 10%
Peewee - Jan '06 - 6.5 lb Chi (adopted May '09)
--------------------
Roxy - Feb '05 to May '20 AmStaff (adopted Jul '11)
Myka - Nov '98 to Jan '10 - APBT X
Lacy - Sep '92 to Jul '03 - Sheltie
Old March 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Hi Myka

Overall, it looks pretty good! The one thing I don't agree with though is they state it's for dogs who have allergies and sensitivities, but there are way too many ingredients for that. I would actually consider it, but Nookie can't have tomatoes (too acidic for him) and is allergic to carrots. Are you looking at this for your food sensitive girl? If so, we have finally found one that seems to be working great for Nookie. It's not the easiest food to find, but if you have a store you normally deal with, they would be able to order it for you (that's what we did).

http://www.addictionfoods.com/canada...dog_salmon.php

Salmon Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (Naturally preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Smoked Salmon, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Dried Raspberries, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Kelp Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Calcium Propionate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), D-Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement

Even though Nookie is allergic to chicken, the chicken fat doesn't bother him at all. The ingredients are very limited. The only things I don't like about this food are the minerals are not chelated and there are no probiotics. But, that being said, all you have to do is supplement the probitiocs, which is what we have done. To keep his skin issues/itchies at bay, it's worth it

We did try the Carna4 (at $180 for a 13KG bag!), but he had horrible diarrhea, as did Thorin. Expensive doesn't mean good or that it will work! It may be good food, but neither of mine could tolerate it.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old March 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Hi Rgeurts,

Yeah, I was thinking of trying it for Roxy, but now I've seen the ingredients I agree with you that it isn't the best choice for allergies/sensitivities. I'm still having troubles with her. I will see if my food store can order the one in that you suggest. I might have to go raw with her though...ugh. $$$
Peewee - Jan '06 - 6.5 lb Chi (adopted May '09)
--------------------
Roxy - Feb '05 to May '20 AmStaff (adopted Jul '11)
Myka - Nov '98 to Jan '10 - APBT X
Lacy - Sep '92 to Jul '03 - Sheltie