Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old January 4th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Their office cum artist studio(for Barb). Has a sliding door onto the verandah, which is handy . Beds there for the dogs to sleep in while they are on the computers, or Barb is painting, but also beds in their bedroom as well.
Guest bathroom. The shower was designed to take a wheelchair, which makes it a nice size to walk into with a dog, to bath it. LOL. It was quicker than setting up their hydrobath, plus I don't think theirs is a heated hydrobath like mine .... anyway, the cattle dogs had to be bathed prior for going in for hips x raying.
The laundry. Out of sight on the right is a lot of shelf space. It has a shepherd size doggie door.
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

View of part of the kitchen.
One side of the dining room is taken up at present with this lovely big puppy pen . The padded seat beside the whelping box was for Misty(mother) to escape to if the pups annoyed her too much, but was also handy for Barb to sit on prior to weighing them.
It was kinder not to take the rest of the dining room seeing things had to be pushed to one side.
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Senior Contributor

I can that the padded seat has been used a lot by the mom , you can see her body print in the pad. Your sister is a very talent person , like you.
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Forgot to say that between one lot of steps down off the verandah, and the deck where I sat to groom my dogs, they have a fish pond and area for ferns and fuschias (sp?).

Hehehe! Don't tell 'em I posted this one, Barb and Tony just thinking about getting up, Susie(sheltie) hoping they won't.

Their en suite bathroom, there is a walk in wardrobe/dressing room next to it.
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Here is a role reversal to make you laugh. Sparkle, Sheltie, likes to sleep in Sally's(GSD) sized bed, while Sally tries to cram herself into a sheltie bed.
In her dog shed, some of the awards her dogs have gained in obedience and tracking.
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Around the walls Barbara has placed photo's of each of her dogs with some of the sashes they each won. I pe4rsonally consider them dust collectors so store mine in a cardboard box. Must say it looks impressive though. If I ever won anything in obedience with Roo I suppose I might hang a sash up, it's a bit more of a challenge than showing is.
Just had to take this next shot. Just how many brushes does any one artist need?
Misty(mother of the litter) just waiting for the GSD to pounce. They actually have the best relationship, very good mates.

I do have some photo's of lovely roses at Barb's to show you yet, but I also have hungry ponies to feed and dogs to let out. Another time.
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Beautiful home, GF! Your sis has good taste in decorating...and not so many brushes--I haven't painted in years and I still have almost that many! Brushes are like dogs and potato chips--you can't just have one.

Love the role reversal pics!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Senior Contributor

You paint, Hazel, how super. What do you prefer to paint and can I see some of your work?
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:18 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hmmmmm...not sure if I have any photos online, but I'll look for some. Haven't painted in years. Mostly, I do birds...and dogs. LOL Shocker, eh?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Goldfields, it was 15 below zero here last night, you need to post some of your flower pictures so I know at least one person is enjoying good weather and the color green