Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old August 10th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Smile Looking for my rotti's littermates

Hi there ... it's my first time posting ... We purchased our second rottweiler, Ecko in June 2004 from Langers Kennel in Maxville, Ontario. We are looking for littermates of Ecko - her DOB was April 13, 2004. Would like to chat about how her sisters/brothers are doing now, and to connect with owners. Also would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has received pups from Langers?
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobirot
Hi there ... it's my first time posting ... We purchased our second rottweiler, Ecko in June 2004 from Langers Kennel in Maxville, Ontario. We are looking for littermates of Ecko - her DOB was April 13, 2004. Would like to chat about how her sisters/brothers are doing now, and to connect with owners. Also would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has received pups from Langers?

It would seem to me that the best way to do that would be to contact the breeders and ask for the information on the owners of the littermates.

Personally, as a breeder, I maintain a private newsgroup for all of my puppy owners that have internet access so that we can communicate easily amongst ourselves. If I'm not readily available to answer a question, perhaps one of my owners can help another of my owners. And it's always nice to share pictures and stories with one another.

Beyond that, I host a bi-annual BBQ / Puppy reunion at my home and invite all of my puppy owners so we are able to get together and see how each puppy turned out.

And, I also send out annual questionaires to each puppy owner asking specific health and temperament questions. Once I receive the replies, I put together a litter newsletter and mail it to each owner. This lets them know how each littermate is doing, what problems are encountered, what is done about it, and updates them on the ongoing health of the parents of the litter.

I'm more than a little suspect of breeders that keep their puppy owners away from each other and aren't open about sharing news amongst everyone.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:34 PM

Finding littermates

Wow, it sounds as though you really do a great job ensuring that all of your puppies (and their families) keep in contact with each other. What a great idea to have regular get-togethers and a newsletter. We haven't had great luck getting names from our breeder; I believe that he leaves it as an option whether the other owners wish to have their contact information provided to the other families. Perhaps the other people getting puppies from Ecko's litter did not wish this; I'm not sure. So, I thought I'd check out this website in the hopes that they may be accessing Pets.ca also. Thank you for your response.
Old April 14th, 2016, 10:36 AM

Hi have one of your sisters from the litter on April 13 2004
Her name is Diesel
Old April 14th, 2016, 10:39 AM

My first time here..just found it by accident. Like Ekko Diesel just celebrated turning 12 yesterday.
Old April 14th, 2016, 01:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome, dleafloor! I hope kobirot comes back to see your post--the thread is very old. How wonderful that would be to connect!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."