Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 31st, 2019, 10:20 PM

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

Name:  2013-03-24 16-57-04.jpg
Views: 3559
Size:  203.8 KB

Hope it's okay for me to post this here, if not, I truly apologize. Just wanted to show all how much she meant to me, and how beautiful of a cat she was.

I'm devastated. I lost my sweet cat in the early morning hours of January 14, 2019. I was away when she was killed outside. I've had her for about 12 years, and man, this is killing me. She brought so much joy to my life. She was such an awesome cat. I couldn't do anything outside without her by my side. If she was off somewhere and heard me outside, she'd come running to me. We were best friends. She stayed inside and out. But she loved it outside, and I allowed her to be free, as a cat should be. She knew she was loved dearly. And I know she loved me too. I took good care of her. She was happy and full of life till the very end. She still loved to play and climb trees. Her and I had a lot of fun together. She always made me smile. She even made me cry when she was alive by simply looking at her, as I felt incredibly blessed to have her in my life. She was so beautiful and awesome! My life will never be the same without her. She was that special to me.

I miss that cute little dance she'd do at feeding time. She would always shake her tail when she was about to get fed, or simply when she was excited. I've never seen anything like it.

I miss those days and nights she slept by my side, hogging up the bed with her feet all over me.

I miss those crazy sharp claws digging into my legs, while she laid in my lap.

I miss her getting up on this desk and laying all over my keyboard and mouse cord, getting all in the way. She demanded attention, and I was happy to give it to her.

I miss talking to her. I talked to her all the time. She would even meow back in response. We may not have understood what each other was saying, but we always had each other to talk to.

I miss calling her all those nicknames I called her

I miss playing with her.

I simply miss everything about her. She was truly a special cat.

I thank the man above for blessing me with her in my life these past 12 years or so. She always put a smile on my face. When I was down, she was there to cheer me up. When I was sick, she knew it, and stayed by my side. I will never forget that. I love animals, and this cat meant the world to me. I will never forget her. I am truly heartbroken, and miss her dearly! God, I miss her so much!

Please, you all give your pet a hug and kiss for me. They truly are our best friends.

Link to a few photos of her. https://imgur.com/a/LwnhQB1
You may also view my photo album of her on this website.

RIP Lady G.
2007 to January 14, 2019
I love you with all my heart! I will never forget you!

Name:  2013-03-24 16-57-56.jpg
Views: 3617
Size:  176.5 KB

Name:  Lady G. (March 15, 2018) (2).jpg
Views: 3231
Size:  212.5 KB
Old January 31st, 2019, 10:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jeffrey. Lady G. was a beautiful kitty and a special soul.

Lady G.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 31st, 2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jeffrey. Lady G. was a beautiful kitty and a special soul.

Lady G.
Thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.
Old January 31st, 2019, 11:12 PM

My condolence Jeffrey on the loss of Lady G.. She was a very pleasant looking girl.

Old January 31st, 2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
My condolence Jeffrey on the loss of Lady G.. She was a very pleasant looking girl.

Thank you very much for the kind words.
Old February 1st, 2019, 11:55 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Hi Jeffrey in the USA - I'm so sorry Please accept my deepest condolences. I've been through this before and know how hard it is.
What a cutie lady G was, cherish the memories and excellent photos.
Sweet lady G.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 14th, 2019, 07:21 PM

Four months ago today, you were taken from me. And it’s been a hard four months without you, Lady G. I've kept a few things the same around here for you. I still have the window screen up to where it was the last time you came through my window. I still even open the window for you every night I am home. I still keep that chair up next to the 4-wheeler so it’s easier for you to get up and down at my window. I still have that old chair at the back of the boat that made it easier for you to get in and out of. I still have your cat food, too, but plan to give it to the lady that you belonged to first. It’s just hard to give away something that was yours. I know you wouldn't mind, I've just got to bring myself to do it. Plus, we'd be helping her cat that you were friends with.

Lastly, on May 4th, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Rose bushes for you (one on each side of your grave). I am praying for them to grow successfully and produce tons of beautiful flowers for us, and hope they'll do so forever. You certainly deserve a beautiful grave site, punkin.

I love you Lady G.

Her Memorial Thread
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=88590
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a lovely memorial of her at the gravesite, Jeffrey!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
What a lovely memorial of her at the gravesite, Jeffrey!
Thank you very much, hazelrunpack.

Her Memorial Thread
Old June 14th, 2019, 09:19 PM

Name:  Rose.jpg
Views: 10359
Size:  100.4 KB

Five months ago today, my dear Lady G. lost her life. I buried my little girl in my backyard, in front of a huge live oak tree. I knew that when the weather warmed up, I was going to try and make it look better around her gravesite. For all the love that she had shown me through the years, for all the smiles she put on my face, for all the times she made me laugh, and for all the wonderful memories she has given me, she deserves a beautiful resting place.

Back on May 4th, and after the weather had warmed up, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Roses next to her grave. And I am happy to report that the roses look to be growing very well, and have already produced several beautiful roses on each bush, with a few new buds now starting to develop again. I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when the first tiny green rose buds appeared on those rose bushes. And the excitement level kicked up a notch when I started seeing a small amount of red peeking through them. Several days had passed by, and then one morning I woke up and looked out the window and saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen- a tiny, red rose. All from the first rose bush I've ever planted. In a location I was told they would never grow. The next morning I got up and looked out the window at her gravesite, as I do every morning, and I be darn if there wasn't another tiny rose on display. And for the next few days or so, a few more roses appeared (seven total). By the way, that's a picture of one of my roses at top. Y’all have no idea how happy this has made me for Lady G.

On June 4, I bought a 1-gallon Pink Double Knock Out Rose, and planted it between the first two red rose bushes. So far, it seems to be growing well. And I do see some buds starting to develop on it. I'm very excited and can’t wait to see some beautiful pink roses appear. Lady G. had a pink nose, so I knew I had to plant some pink roses, too. Of course, I still want to plant some white flowers at some point, to match her white fur.

Today, June 14, 2019, I planted some grass seed out there. I hope it will come up and grow nicely for her. It was mostly dirt out there, with a few patches of grass and weeds, so hopefully it will start looking a whole lot better out there before long.

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed myself being out there around her, doing all of this for her. I even told her she was going to have to help me grow things, because I needed all the help I could get. I don’t know much about flowers or how to go about growing and taking care of them, but I've been reading a lot of articles and watching videos, trying to learn all I can. No doubt that helped me with the roses. Our work is not done yet, though. I may not succeed in the long run, but I am certainly going to try. I must do so for her.

I miss you dearly, Lady G. Love you, punkins!

If interested, you may go and read the threads about my roses over at the gardening forums in the links below.

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/d...0/#post-377460

https://davesgarden.com/community/fo...#post_10428503

https://garden.org/thread/view/10730...With-My-Roses/

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/h...2/#post-377328

Her Memorial Thread
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

So gorgeous, Jeffrey! I've never ever had any luck with roses so I'm truly impressed with your beautiful blooms! Such a wonderful tribute to your girl!

Tags
lady g.