Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Books

Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Remembering Lukka

Harry Potter Spoiler Alert

Do not read any further down if you don't want to know who dies in the final book

OK here we go

In the first chapter, Lord Voldemort kills off Charity Burbage
Harry's owl Hedwig dies, Mad-Eye-Moody dies
Wormtail dies
Dobby the house elf dies
Crabbe dies
Fred Weasley dies
Lord Voldemort kills Severis Snape
Lord Voldemort kills Potter who is resurrected from the dead and finishes off the Dark Lord. Tonks and Lupin die in the same battle.
In the epilogue we read that 19 years later Harry and Ginny have three children

Hope the spelling of these names is right.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Senior Contributor

I have to admit I cried when Dobbie died!!! It was just sooooooo sad!! (and I was tired too!) :frown:
Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Contributor

One of my patients (who has more time than I, lol) put this together:

List of Horcruxes found
  • Horcrux Where found Destroyed by How Where destroyed
Tom Riddle's diary Malfoy Manor (planted by Lucius in Ginny's cauldron) Harry Potter Basilisk fang Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts (Book 2)
  • Marvolo Gaunt's ring (Resurrection Stone) The House of Gaunt Albus Dumbledore Godric Gryffindor's sword Headmaster's Office at Hogwarts (Book 6)
Salazar Slytherin's locket A cave (retrieved by Regulus, kept by Kreacher, stolen by Mundungus, stolen from Umbridge by Hermione who switched it for a fake) Ron Weasley Godric Gryffindor's sword Forest of Dean
  • Helga Hufflepuff's cup Lestrange's vault at Gringotts Hermione Granger Basilisk fang Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts
  • Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem Room of Requirement at Hogwarts Vincent Crabbe Fiendfyre Room of Requirement at Hogwarts
  • Harry Potter Forbidden Forest at Hogwarts Voldemort Avada Kedavra (which Harry survived, while the Horcrux in him was destroyed) Forbidden Forest at Hogwarts
  • Nagini Being carried by Voldemort Neville Longbottom Godric Gryffindor's sword Entrance Hall at Hogwarts

She also added this (does the p in HTML work here?)
List iof Characters Killed
<P> List of characters killed:

<P>This book has the longest list of named casualties of any book in the series.
<P>Character Killed By Cause of Death Point of Death
<P>Charity Burbage Voldemort Avada Kedavra Gathering of Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor
<P>Hedwig A Death Eater Avada Kedavra The flight from Little Whinging
<P>Alastor Moody Voldemort Avada Kedavra The flight from Little Whinging
<P>Bathilda Bagshot Voldemort or on his orders Unknown Unknown
<P>Ted Tonks Snatchers Unknown The search for Mudbloods and Blood Traitors
<P>Dirk Cresswell Snatchers Unknown The search for Mudbloods and Blood Traitors
<P>Gornuk Snatchers Unknown The search for Mudbloods and Blood Traitors
<P>Gregorovitch Voldemort Unknown Voldemort's search for the Elder Wand
<P>Rufus Scrimgeour Voldemort Unknown During the Death Eaters' takeover of the ministry
<P>Gellert Grindelwald Voldemort Avada Kedavra Nurmengard prison

Coincides with the escape from Malfoy Manor
<P>Wormtail His own magical silver hand Strangulation The escape from Malfoy Manor
<P>Dobby Bellatrix Lestrange Stabbed by Bellatrix's hurled knife The escape from Malfoy Manor
<P>Remus Lupin Unknown Unknown The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Nymphadora Tonks Unknown Unknown The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Vincent Crabbe Himself (by accident) Fiendfyre The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Severus Snape Nagini Snakebite The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Fred Weasley unknown Explosion caused by unknown spell The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Colin Creevey Unknown Unknown The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Harry Potter Lord Voldemort Avada Kedavra (Temporarily, while the Horcrux within him was destroyed) The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Nagini Neville Longbottom Beheaded with Godric Gryffindor's sword The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Antonin Dolohov Professor Flitwick Unknown spell The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Bellatrix Lestrange Molly Weasley Avada Kedavra The Battle of Hogwarts
<P>Voldemort Himself Avada Kedavra (Spell backfire caused by Elder Wand Allegiance) The Battle of Hogwarts

Last edited by CyberKitten; July 22nd, 2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Compromised account

Hi all,

I avoided this thread as I was still reading...Well, last night at 1:30 am, I finally finished the 7th book.

(I am a little behind the rest of the world, as I was getting the whole 7 books together as a set and wanted to read them together.)

Although the finale was a bitter-sweet one, with so many loved characters dying, and such an emotional turmoil, I absolutely loved every paragraph. In fact, I have to say, that Harry Potter series is by far one of the best written pieces I have read in my life. It is right up there, on the top shelf, with my beloved Jane Eyre, Gone with the Wind, Arthur Conan Doyle and other all-time classics I love and cherish and re-read every so often. I think that Ms. Rowling deserves every penny and every word of praise she receives and I feel enriched having read her work.

I think the most emotional part of the book for me was when Harry was walking toward his death, of his own free will, knowing what he knew. And when his parents and Sirius and Lupin showed up - that was just heartwrenching.

I also have to say that I feel sorry for people who don't read. For me, its an inseprarable part of me. I only hope that my future children are as passionate about reading as I am.