Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old September 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver8 View Post
1. I am not pro-iams. Find where I said I was. I am anti-false-accusation.
The last website that 14+ posted and the ones I posted are all current ones so there is absolutely no false accusations about animal cruelty ....they are still doing it.

Quote:
As far as I was last aware, the government actually requires testing on live animals. The info I have from the humane society's investigation is that it's diet testing and having feces examined, that type of thing. Not all "testing" is cruelty. I'd actually be willing to be that all pet food out there has involved "testing".

You might not use the product, but so many do. It's important to have accurate info provided, imo.
I haven't seen you post any accurate information yet.
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM

Wellness tests on animals and is not "cruelty free" either....

I also found a report on CNN about bones being found in wellness? Holy cow.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on this to see if the company responds to the question (do they have documentation about the humane treatment of the animals used in their foods as there is lots of questions about humane treatment of poultry and cattle, etc in society now - the company has yet to respond):
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...80&topic=22493
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol,,,Dear Emily??? who is Emily? I personally don't support PETA and also don't think that just because ANY company doesn't respond to them doesn't make them guilty i personally wouldn't respond to PETA either...as i stated before i don't feed my animals orijen,wellness or any of the other kibbles or canned. My dogs are fed raw (which is a whole other topic).

Seriously Driver8,,it is fine with me personally if you don't agree with my choice of what to feed my dog,,,neither of my pets have been in need of vet care due to illness. You seem to have the impression that people here are all well off financially (which isn't true)..There are people here who have spent countless hours researching pet foods to provide their pets with the best. I know of several who are retired and on a limited income,,one works to support their countless kitties,,etc. I would rather spend a little more on this end to feed my pets than alot more later on vet bills.
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Compromised account

Why do I feel like ?

I dont know, I cant afford much right now, but I researched my info, and found a brand of canned food that is not super-expensive but has no by-products in it, like most cheap brands do.. Maybe its not the best, but right now, that what there is. I feed NO BY-Products, NO Grain. Thats what I can do for my pets at this time. Sparky is on Acana and Gerri is on canned food, with some supplementary fry food right now.

To me, I dont look at the name on the bag, I turn the bag around and read. Then I research the company. I will never EVER knowingly support a company that tests on animals. Just my
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
-

Quote:
Wellness tests on animals and is not "cruelty free" either....

I also found a report on CNN about bones being found in wellness? Holy cow.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on this to see if the company responds to the question (do they have documentation about the humane treatment of the animals used in their foods as there is lots of questions about humane treatment of poultry and cattle, etc in society now - the company has yet to respond):
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...80&topic=22493
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
lol,,,Dear Emily??? who is Emily?
Exactly ......I asked for some accurate information, not someone's opinion from a blog.