Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old March 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Diabetic cat having soft stool on Evo

I posted a while ago wondering if there was a better (higher quality) food I could give my diabetic cat than what she was on (Purina Vet Diets DM for Cats). Several people suggested Innova Evo because its a high protien diet, which is basically what the DM was. Except of course that the Evo isnt junk food.

Anyway, I slowly transitioned over to Evo and now she is on straight Evo. Today was her second day on straight Evo and I noticed she had some soft poops in her litter box. It was regular color, no mucus, no blood. And she hasnt been acting strange at all. (In fact she seems a little perkier and seems to really like the Evo food.)

Question is, should I be worried (like, does it warrant a vet call)? I wasnt sure because it wasnt terribly soft, and like I said there was no blood or mucus or anything else to suggest it was anything more than a little soft poop.
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

maybe she is still struggling a bit to get used to the high protein. my kitten (6.5 months) cannot handle it just yet it seems. If you are worried phone the vet. you can also try some digestive enzymes and i found plain yogurt really helped too. ( i give Roland about 1.5 teaspoons a day, sometimes a little more when he really asks nicely )
(although i have to add that i dont know much at all about diabetic cats)
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah, I agree. Digestive enzymes and probiotics would probably help. (If you don't like the yogurt idea, you can get probiotics in the fridge of any health food store and some pharmacies- but they have to be in the fridge ).