Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old July 29th, 2016, 07:20 AM

Hills Prescription Diet I/D

Buster, my 18 year old male, has responded well to antibiotics, probiotic powder, and Hills Prescription Diet I/D Digestive Care. His diarrhea has cleared up and no sign of blood in urine. He is eating well and often. I would like to continue with the Hills Prescription Diet but at $3.28 per small can as opposed to his usual Friskies at 0.60 cents it becomes very expensive. His 18 year old sister (same litter) requires two pills per day for a thyroid problem. She as well as her 19 year old brother (same mother) eat Friskies canned food, Kirland dry food, and baked chicken. Is there a better price out there for the Hills Prescription ID or is there another alternative brand for digestive care? Thanks.
Attached Images

Old July 29th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Senior Contributor

I just Google ' Hills Prescription Diet I/D Digestive Care' and saw a link for it on sale. My virus protection didn't OK it so I not clicking on the link.

I tried to find the out more about the link and now my internet won't let Google ' Hills Prescription Diet I/D Digestive Care' .
Old July 29th, 2016, 02:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Do you buy it from the vet now, woofendog? Vets have to mark stuff up more to make it worthwhile for them to carry it, so you can often find items cheaper at the online pet-supply places. You'll need to do some homework to make sure the site you choose is legit, and your vet will have to be willing to give you a prescription for the food, though.

Have you tried any other foods for him? What was he diagnosed as having?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 29th, 2016, 08:32 PM

Hills Presciption diet

The vet wasn't sure what caused the blood in urine and diarrhea but did give him two injections(pen pro) of antibiotics. Then I gave him one half pill (metronidazole) for six days. I had taken samples of urine and diarrhea for analysis (coproscopie). He has responded well.
Hills Prescription Diet is only sold at the vets office. Have not found it online unlike Hills Science diet which is available online and in pet stores. So I dropped by the vet today and was told it was okay to return to his regular diet of canned Friskies, dry Kirkland(Costco) and baked chicken and Heinz baby food (beef). Thanks.
Old July 29th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Senior Contributor

https://www.chewy.com/s?rh=brand_fac...scription+Diet

I found this web site for Hill Prescription Diet on line