Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old December 11th, 2004, 09:24 PM

Dumbest thing you've done recently

For me it was yesterday. My husband and I bought Casey a new bed as an early Christmas gift. The way he cozies up in anything soft told us he was itching for one. We got home with it and were so excited to let Casey see his new piece of furniture that without really thinking, I took all the plastic off, and put it down for him. He looked at it, but he was still in waggly kisses greeting mode, so wasn't that interested. I put him in the bed a few times and he'd sniff it, and hop out.... it was kind of disappointing.

A side note here is that I live in an apartment with a lot of stairs, in Korea. We use a pee pad now and then, although not all the time. Casey is smart enough to know to use the pee pad when I have it out, and to scratch at the door when the pee pad isn't there.

You can probably guess where this is going.... When I had my back turned, Casey finally jumped in the bed and started to pee!!!! He must have thought we had bought him the best pee pad ever!!!

I can't believe I tried to put him in his bed before I took him outside to pee!!! I can't believe I kept placing him in the bed exactly the same way I put him on his pee pad when I want to hurry him up to go!!! What the heck was I thinking????

My husband and I laughed our heads off, and still get the giggles when one of us mentions it. The good news is that I've cleaned it up thoroughly, and Casey spent a cozy happy night in there!!! :love: :love: :love:
Old December 12th, 2004, 12:41 PM
~Cat Servent~

Too funny....my stupid move....not so funny....

I have started putting Fagan's collar on him, when I am home, so he can get used to the feeling of something around his neck (all my kitties have collars and tags). The other day when I tried to snap it back off of him I noticed that it was not a breakaway one....as I thought when I bought it. So I decided that he would only wear it when I could supervise him until I got one that is safer.

Then the other day I went in to the washroom to do my 'business' and Chase was on the computer listening to music. Then I hear some hissing and a few slightly strange meows and two of the cats go running down the hall (a normal sight around here). Then there is more stressed meows and a whole lot of ruckus (still very common around here- and I'm still indisposed). Then Windy, my oldest comes to the bathroom door looking all distraught and runs back toward the living room. So I finish up quickly in the lavatory, and go into the living room where two of the cats are staring under the couch and I hear hissing (Smoke) and the odd sounds (Fagan). I quickly move the couch out and find Fagan wrestling with himself...right away I knew what was wrong... it was Windy and the flea collar all over again. He had managed to get his lower jaw caught in the collar. I snapped it off him and cuddled him, apologizing profusely and yelled at hubby. He of course heard nothing (blasted music is always so loud when he's home). Poor little Fagan had marks on his lips from where the collar had been, but ate just fine when I gave him some treats (made sure his jaw was ok). And yesturday his lips were all swollen in those two spots. Today they are better and not swollen....

But....BAD BAD Mommy.... :sad:

I mean once is an accident....but to do that twice to your poor little kittens!!!
Geez...how dumb can I get!

Anyhow, I am going out today to get him a new SAFETY collar....and a toy cause he was such a good boy....so brave. And it was so great the way my other cats seemed to know something was wrong and tried to help. :love:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:43 AM

Awww... well at least Fagan's okay!
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I have a blonde moment at least once a day.................
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't call mine "senior moments". I prefer "brain farts"!
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm just a dumbass...
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Ha Ha! I was just called a glassass on another thread! Tickled my funnybone!
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

I'm an old dumbass that has had so many brain farts I should have been taking a dirt nap long ago.
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Senior Contributor

If you have a brain fart, can you blame it on the dog?
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Senior Contributor

ROTFLMAO!!! Love your quick humor!
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
<-----nut ball

OK. I have one.

I was working late last night, and I had previously got an authorization to settle a claim file.

After I settled for one amount, I reveiwed my authorization and realised I went over the amount I was approved for!! When I had asked for the authorization originally, I typed the wrong amount to my supervisor!

So I accidently offered the amount on my peice of paper in front of me, not what my manager approved!

So this morning I had to call the rep and advise him I had to change it as I made an error. He was NOT HAPPY as the peope had already taken the offer and wouldn't accept less.

After much embarrasement speaking with my manager and with the rep, we met halfway...

I feel like a dumba$$

Old December 14th, 2004, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn
If you have a brain fart, can you blame it on the dog?
ROTFLMAO!! No, but you can blame it on the kids!
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Here's another one, but it's not funny and I'm still in the throes of dealing with it...

I told the real estate agent that the new tenants could move in any time after Christmas. Actually, although my husband and I will be moving out after Christmas to temporary lodging, the apartment where all our stuff will be moving to won't be available until the end of January. This all happened yesterday -- and I went to tell the real estate agent today about the mistake I made and apparently it's already the end of the world. She yelled at me and everything. I feel like a dumbarse. :sad: :sad: :sad: Don't know what will happen yet.

Not feeling very jolly today.....
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:09 PM
banned user

I can't believe she yelled at you! Is she not getting any money out of this deal?? I'd kick her butt to the curb!

I can't stand real estate agents... we were lied to about the house we bought and my SIL was yelled at about how not clean her house was for her to show to people.... then suddenly her credit card numbers were being used all over the net and her door was not locked when they left after a showing... Hmmm...
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:13 PM

Update...

Fortunately the tenant is a lot nicer than the real estate witch, and the deal is still on, no problem. The new tenant will let us keep our stuff here until we can move it to the new place.

Crisis averted. Whew.

I'm feeling so great now that I think I'll go turn my tree on and everything.

Thanks for the support, Sneaky!!!
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:52 AM
~Cat Servent~

My mom has a good one for anyone who is forgetful...she likes to tell us she has "some-timers". Not all that politically correct but funny just the same.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

My wife tells me that it's usually 'cause I saw something shiny.

"Cut the grass, cut the grass, cut the grass, cut th-ohh, a button! What was I supposed to do?"
Old December 16th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Chocolate

heh, looks like its the time of year to CRUNCH time....

I'll start feeling it soon, lmao.

gl ladies on ur "adventures" and keep posting... oh, and HUG those pets in times of NEED (and want) lol

Old December 18th, 2004, 12:13 AM

Not one of my finer moments:

When I was going through university, to get through the long study sessions, I used to drink waaaay too much Coke/Pepsi. This habit continued after I had graduated.

I had just started a new job ( had been there about 2 months). I got on a health kick, and decided to quit drinking pop. Let's just say the caffeine withdrawl made me a tad grumpy.

The Vice-president of the company noticed a change in my behavior.
He came to my desk and asked " You seem different lately, is everything ok?"

Without thinking, I responded " Oh, don't worry. I just gave up Coke, and I'm a little jittery."

It didn't dawn on me at the time, but he didn't think I was talking about the softdrink.
Old December 18th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Chocolate

OMG!!!!

and it's even too late and UNBELIEVABLE that u could be try and tell him it was NOT the drug...

ooohh, *HUGSSSSS*

as it turned out, i had quite the crappy yesterday when I got in, one of my co-workers bit my head off in front of the mgr....

meh, then my bf came for dinner to make me feel better.

but I was still stressing about it today..... eh, i'm a work/stress-aholic.... sometimes...
Old December 18th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Well girls and guys,being the oldest in this Forum,I just simply have too many"brain-farts"to tell about
It keeps life interesting,I am great at laughing at myself(and others!!)
I have a small ladder by one of my bird-feeders so I can reach to fill it up,yesterday I fell flat on my face(no injuries!)stayed down for a bit,wondering what happened...Rocky,Chico and Vinnie came running,gave me a look that was priceless Hubby thought I had broken bones,but laughed when he noticed I was covered in bird-seeds....oh well