Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Senior Contributor

RIP my Anglo-Arab Beauty...

26 years ago I bought a horse going to slaughter. She was wild, yet timid and had no handling. She was gangly, young and had alot of spirit despite where she was...her eyes spoke volumes...she would be mine.

Her and I travelled from Ontario to Alberta. We had many wonderful ventures in the woods and picnics by the water. I spent time on the ground as well...she was a pistol. She let my young child then ride her, and she took quiet gentle steps with caution and care. She new that my child was young.

Once I was notified that I was to leave Alberta and move to Quebec, I could not take her back with me as the boarding costs were impossible to pay. I was very lucky as a childhood friend that I grew up with asked me if he could have her...for his wife. An agreement was made that regardless of the circumstances, she was never go to slaughter. We hugged and I bid a fairwell to my dearest friend, but I knew that she would be loved and safe.

I got a call that she has passed at the age of 28. She was surrounded by her loving people and her boyfriend, a quarter horse by her side. The vets felt that it was important that he be there as their bond was tight. He nuzzled her and stayed by her side.

Her name was Jessie. She touched the hearts of many and started a remarkable change of lifestyle to her people. Due to her wonderful dispostion and spirit, they were overwhelmed with how wonderful, intelligent, gentle the giants are. They started to save other horses, and provide safe haven for others in need.

She will be sadly missed. I know my life as of this morning has changed tremendously...I am not the same person I was yesterday. I have lost a piece of myself as no other animal ever touched me the way she did.

RIP my dear soulmate. I will love you forever and ever. I will see you again, as I ride you over the bridge.

I love you.

Last edited by BenMax; March 12th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.