Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Raggzy left the groomer before being groomed

Brought Raggzy to be groomed today. This was the third grooming for her at this place. One other time while I was there the groomer left a tethered dog on the table and came to talk to me and the receptionist went to tend to the dog. This process took a minute. I was clear with the groomer that under no circumstances should Raggzy be left alone on the table tethered, even for a few seconds. She is a jumper and there is no way they can get to her fast enough. She lives with cats!!!!

Today as I was explaining how to cut her the receptionist went to get the groomer and again this little terrier was alone tethered on the table. I again repeated my concerns about leaving Raggzy alone on the table. She said the dog was not alone for long. I said NOT AT ALL for Raggzy...she will jump!!! Back and forth and she rolled her eyes and I had no sense that she understood the urgency of my request. My gut feeling kicked in and we walked out.

By the time I got home they had left a message that I was disrespectful and should not have talked to the groomer that way and he was disappointed in ME!!!!!

I am furious!!! This is my dog...my responsibility. I don't care how nice they are if they kill my dog!!!!! I still have no sense that they understand the danger of leaving the table. Are there any laws/regulations about this? Did I overreact????

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Actually you are the client and they should adhere to your request.
You did not over react at all and infact did the right thing.
This is YOUR dog and since you know the dog best, then they should take heed to what your concerns are.
Good for you!!!!
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Your spidey senses tingled and you 100% did the right thing - and good for you!

Some people would have been too shy to leave and that's a mistake.

You are paying good money and they should treat you like GOLD.

Rolling their eyes at a paying customer....that's a very intelligent business decision.

There are many many groomers out there that should not be grooming....I have personal experience with a grooming place that SUCKS so I know exactly what you are talking about.

I'd ask friends or my vet for a recommendation on a great groomer.

5 high fives for you for walking out of that LOSER's grooming place.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Good job! You did exactly the right thing!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Absolutely you did the right thing! And if there's something like a Better Business Bureau you can call, I'd register a complaint with them, as well.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree that you did the right thing. I guess there's no way of telling though with any groomer if they leave the dogs alone now that you mention it. As for them telling you that you were disrespectful, sorry, customer is always right and I'd be giving that guy a piece of my mind pretty quick. I also think a complaint to the BBB is in order. I'd go ahead and mention it to my vet as well so they're not sending people over there.
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:47 AM

your groomer

Hi,

I agree with DogDancer, I would let the vet, as well as pet supply stores in the area (as they also refer people to groomers) about this incompetant groomer!

I don't think you over reacted at all!
Boy-oh-Boy...it would have been me, I would have taken my pet right out of there and omit paying them, the same way they ommited to follow my directives!
I think you were very well mannered in this case!
They are lucky they did not deal with me!

I don't have dogs, but I have cats. My boy Gino has real long hair and needed to be shaved last summer. I looked around for a groomer who would come to my place and do the job, this way, it was less stress on Gino. I gave specific instructions that Gino should have ''breaks'' from shaving, and that if things got too much, she was to STOP and come back another day. The groomer followed my instructions to the letter! I will call her again in about a month since she gave a good service.

I would definitly stop going to this groomer and tell all the pet owners I know about that place and their non- professional service, as well as their less than polite behavior!

As for laws and regulations, I do not know where you are located, ( I am in Montreal, and here we have ''consumers protection office'', where people can register complaints about a business that does not get the job done right. When a business has a lot of complaints, then it can get messy for them, and they deserve it!), I would seriously look it up in your area and file a complaint about this groomer. I am sure you are not the first dis-satisfied customer.

sandyrivres
Elphin April 21st 2008 m -cat
Stibule(Gino,Airell,Katla,Rasta)June 6th 2009 f- cat
Gino Ferrero April 8th 2010 m -cat
Airell Awenn Awnfenn Ep Berrth April 8th 2010 f- cat
Katla Chilam Balam April 8th 2010 f- cat
Rasta Farian Marley April 9th 2010 m- cat
Chipcat-Filou found June 12th 2011 (Ocicat 6months old) f-cat
Jane the Snow Cat rescued Dec27th 2012 f- cat

Last edited by sandyrivers; March 28th, 2012 at 02:53 AM. Reason: add info
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM

As a retired groomer, I want to assure you that you did the right thing.

I never left any dog on my table alone, even if the phone rang, but I usually had the hand held unit near me.

I had a saying that, "if you like my work, tell others, if not, tell me." You are in your rights to tell others about that groomer, and by all means, tell the vets, pet shops, maybe even send a letter to the editor, but watch that you are not charged with slander. You could talk with the manager of the grooming shop, especially if it wasn't the groomer you were dealing with. You could also send the groomer a copy of the letters you do send. Besure to keep copies for your own files.

Good Luck
take care
binky

Last edited by binkybuff; March 28th, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added posts
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I am impressed, as too few people are brave enough to stand their ground on such an important issue. Your dogs are lucky to have you as their owner.
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:22 AM

You definitely did the right thing. Good for you for having the guts to do it.