Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM

Things you shouldn't post.

Just wanted to post a general rule of thumb for things you shouldn't post in the forum and why.

The why being that this forum often has hundreds of people on in a day. While some of them are registered users and those we consider our "friends", if you check the "Whose online" box, you will see that often times unregistered visitors are more common then those we know. Short of making this a pass word protected forum, which we don't want to do, there is no way to stop people from dropping in and browsing around.

For this reason you should not post addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or anything else that might make it possible for you to become a target of unwanted attention. These things can all be pm'ed to other members if you want to share.
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:18 AM
yolanda Hamilton

Thumbs up Thank you dragonfly for good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Just wanted to post a general rule of thumb for things you shouldn't post in the forum and why.

The why being that this forum often has hundreds of people on in a day. While some of them are registered users and those we consider our "friends", if you check the "Whose online" box, you will see that often times unregistered visitors are more common then those we know. Short of making this a pass word protected forum, which we don't want to do, there is no way to stop people from dropping in and browsing around.

For this reason you should not post addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or anything else that might make it possible for you to become a target of unwanted attention. These things can all be pm'ed to other members if you want to share.
Thank you for the good advice Dragonfly, need any help i can get, since i am still learning to surf through the forum,
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:44 AM

Smile

Hi to all from a newcomer, and hi to all Rotweiler cross owners. Is there anywhere I can see posted pictures of dogs, and can post some?
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Not new to loving animals but am new here.

Well, Somehow I stumbled across this site, I love it. Finally somebody who won't mind a animal coversation. How refreshing! I had 7 cats at one point but only because 3 were seniors and I did not want an empty nest. Now I have Lucy, she is a small black long haired dom. Then Sir Quincy Magoo, he is a 22 lb gray male and we just call him Quincy. He did earn his formal title by being a goofy male kitten. He has been the best behaved. Then Spot, she came with the boyfriend and he thought it would be funny to give her a dog name, She acts like a normal cat although he thinks she thinks she is a dog. He also managed to get a credit card for her, he says she doesn't spend much. When the company found out it was for a cat, they said to cancel it and that is what he told them. She always pays it off whats the problem?
She is a tortie looking cat, short haired.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to much enjoyment in reading and conversation.

RL
Old August 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
We're a dog's best friend

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmalan01 View Post
Hi to all from a newcomer, and hi to all Rotweiler cross owners. Is there anywhere I can see posted pictures of dogs, and can post some?
yep. On the 'pet photography' bit of this forum there are cats, dogs, and loadz of other animals 2. I'll check up in there to see if you have posted any, i'd to see your rottie cross.

soter

I do!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:55 PM

thanks dragonfly

need all the help i can get thanks
Closed Thread