Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old April 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Owned by goldens

Is there a Rottie rescue

Maya, a Rottie mix, has been living in an enclosed pen outdoors for the last few years. A few months ago a good samaritan took her into his house hoping to be able to give her a home for the remainder of her years. He is a retired person who was injured on the job and in a great deal of pain all the time and Maya has proven to be difficult to house train. Because of his constant pain he cannot continue to clean up after her and it is breaking his heart to have to return her to her "pen" but he doesn't have a choice.
She is about 13 years old.
Does anyone know of a rescue group that coudl take her in? She is great with other dogs and loves people.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

coppperbelle, this is a very tough situation. I unfortunately cannot suggest any rescues as due to the age, this is almost impossible to ask anyone to take at this point. Do you know if the dog has any medical issues? This could explain the difficulty in house training...infact it may not be a training issue at all.

I feel horrible saying what I did..but as you know being in rescue yourself, this request is almost impossible to network for.

I will PM you one rescue however that does help older dogs with issues. I know they are completely full and high on medical bills, but at least you can inquire.
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Owned by goldens

Rottie Rescue

I should have mentioned that this dog is located just over the border in the U.S. although I am fairly certain they would be willing to drive her into Canada for a rescue.
I know the age poses a problem. I will try and get more information on her tomorrow as I will be seeing a relative of the person who has the dog.