Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 1st, 2017, 10:17 AM

Bump suddenly appeared on dogs snout, pics included.

Greetings everyone!

I have a bison-poodle and well I've noticed this pinkish bump suddenly appear, it seems to have appeared over the course of a week, on the left side of his snout. It doesn't seem to bother him or is painful. I am simply wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar to this? Maybe an insect bite?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old June 1st, 2017, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I have no idea what that is but you should keep an eye on it to made sure it doesn't get bigger and have your vet check it if that will ease your mind .
Old June 1st, 2017, 08:31 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It looks like one of the cysts our dogs develop as they get older. They do swell and often will break open and drain, but they don't go away. If that's what it is, it's otherwise harmless, but you should probably have a vet check it to make sure it's not something more serious. We've often had them removed when the dogs were under for some other reason--say dental cleanings--but unless they're in a really bad spot and are very problematic, we don't make a special appointment just to have them removed.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:25 AM

That's very good to know thanks! He is due for a vet check up soon so we'll be sure to ask. He is a little over 10 years old now so its very possible this could be the case. A little reassuring it's harmless. Thanks again
Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:36 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I was gonna say skin tab - cyst seems likely as well.
Do mention it to the vet like HRP suggests, at the next checkup...and definitely make sure it doesn't get any bigger. (maybe measure it in millimeters)
good luck!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

My last dog a standard poodle had skin tag right on his face and when he got groomed the skin tag when start to bleed . I had to have it removed b/c the groomer didn't want to responsible for hurting my dog. I had his teeth clean same time ,my dog had to be under anesthesia to have the skin tag removed
so I was a good time to get his teeth cleaned too. Does your dog get groomed too if yes you should let the groomer know about the bump so they won't cut it by mistake.