Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 24th, 2017, 08:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

JD almost had a little brother...

Some unscrupulous someone is still dumping cats in the area. Found another a couple days ago when I was putting out some bird seed. I thought I was hearing a catbird, but when I peered under the thickets, I saw a beautiful black kitty with startlingly yellow eyes. It was another male, about 6 to 8 months old, and starving... He was a little leery at first, but when I tossed out some kibble, he came out right away. Before too long, he was purring in my arms and I was stuck wondering what the heck we were going to do with this one!

Regardless of what place kitty would ultimately end up in, he would need to be examined and get his first needles, so into the city we went. And, while there, one of the techs was kind enough to make some calls and found a place for him.

It is always so astounding to me how very attached I get in such a very short time. Yes, I cried when we left him at the clinic. Breaks my heart that he probably thought he'd just been dumped again... But he's such a sweetie that I'm sure he'll be a hit at his new home. Still...

Anyway, this is the boy that almost became JD's little brother, dubbed "Midnight" since we needed a name for the file at the vet and "Stray" just didn't cut it with me...

Name:  Midnight 8-22-16 A.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  Midnight 8-22-16 C.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  121.9 KB

Wish we could have kept him, but it's already difficult juggling cat and dogs so they all get enough human interaction, when Brier is still more inclined to eat JD than to play with him. What a lovely cat he was, though. And although we feel sad, we at least have the satisfaction of knowing that he's safe.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."