Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Found a new vet for my kitties

I have 2 cats, both around 4 years old. Mischa, my female is always sickly, i've had her to numerous vets numerous times and never really find out whats wrong with her. Unfortunately all this coming and going to the vets office has taken it's toll on my girls and she is now the devil with vets and vet offices. Luckily i mentioned to a friend that i was looking for a new vet and she gave me info for a vet that will come to my house

I've had to email her to book an appointment for my other cat, Spencer, he's been vomiting (hairball related by the looks of it) and has had a spot of diarrhea. Hopefully she can come out soonish as my house really can't take any more poopy paw prints (not a pleasant thing to come home to).

Aside from his small bout of illness he's acting normally, drinking and playing with his sister. I've been giving him pedialite to make sure he's not dehydrated. I'm not used to him being sick, it's always her. In 4 years he's only been to the vet for an emergency once, when i dvr player fell on him when he pulled it off the table.

Fingers crossed he gets better soon. To give me something to look for (to see if i can find a cause which might help the vet) what causes diarrhea in cats? No changes in food, i do think i might have gotten a bad batch of tinned food from the store which might have caused this.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Well, the new vet won't answer her phone so i called my old vet. She can't see him until monday so he'll have to wait until then.

I guess i'll just keep him hydrated over the weekend and see what they say monday.
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well mischa91
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks.

I've just been reading as much as i can online about switching over to a raw food diet for them and maybe making my own cat food. I found a good site with a recipe and good clear instructions. I need to do something with regards to their food, i bet it's causing all of their issues.