Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Thumbs up

OOPS, so sorry about the 'Felix' confusion .HENRY!! Great to hear that the vet visit went so well . If you are able to post a pic of Henry, someone on here would no doubt have some breed ideas. I could be wrong-again!!-but I think maybe pet insurance is a bit more common in England?? (Only my horses have ever been insured, and that's more for liability, etc.)

Anyway, thanks for posting, and it is really nice to hear things are going well...hopefully you and Henry will be very happy together (smart cats DO choose their people well!).
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM

Update on the stray that never left!

Hi everyone, sorry for big delay in updating this thread - my computer died then spent ages getting Broadband sorted out (yes I was still on dial-up til a short while ago!).

Well Rocky never left, fully recovered from what the vet thinks was just a fight and a bite under the jaw that temporarily caused a bit of damage - anyway the eye closes fine now. He's sitting next to me on his special blanket on the table purring away as I type.....He's got his own cat-flap complete with homemade ramp up to it (my other half didn't want him to have to exert too much energy climbing on the backdoor step!), his own sofa with extra-soft throw, his own blanket on the dining table so he can be next to me on the internet and gets fed a selection of Purina Gourmet mini-fillets in gravy (his favourite is Game with mediterranean vegetables) - yes you could say he gets a little spoilt. He loves coming to bed and last night I awoke to a purring ginger furry scarf of paws around my neck at about 3am and a wet nose on my cheek as he tried to haul himself even closer than just being on the pillow next to me.

He wasn't micro-chipped but strangely enough has been neutered so must have belonged to someone at some point but internet searches and posters didn't bring any claims so he's fully esconced here now. He doesn't go out as much as he used to but unfortunately he's had a couple of fights and bites on the same cheek that turned into an abscess but healed ok with antibiotics. That's the only scary thing - the vet says he's got an enemy somewhere and it's worked out where to bite him....I'm hoping the last abscess - which was huge - will make him think twice before trying to protect his territory and he'll learn to run extra fast! The vet thinks he's about 4 years old.

Anyway thanks for all your help and support along the way, having a cat adopt you is a bizarre - but in the end wonderful - thing!!
Attached Images

Old December 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw congrats to you both! He is so handsome. What a great ending to his ordeal!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
proud to be a cat slave

Rocky is beautiful!

If it seems like he's got an enemy out there - any chance you can make him an indoor cat? I know they can get annoying when they want to go out and they can't, but it doesn't take too long to have them change their ways - and it will save him from being tackled when he goes out!

And Lisa, glad to hear Henry is doing well too! You both have done great things by taking in these little furry guys!

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

WoW,this is the first I read about Rocky and Henry in the UK,great stories and great happy endings,love these kind of stories and thank you to you both for giving these strays wonderful lives
Also,there is no such thing as spoiling a cat/dog,it's all just love and they pay back thousand-fold
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
head in the clouds

hehe i love how he picked you to be his owner!!

he looks like one happy and healthy cat....
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM

Just came across this site on my favourites list and can't believe it's been nearly 2 years!!

Rocky's still here.....in fact he's upstairs in bed at the moment lounging around on one of his favourite soft throws. He's still utterly affectionate and the fighting has stopped - maybe he was establishing his territory when he first came. He's been chipped and now has his own microchip catflap that only opens for him as we started getting unwanted guests coming in through his original one!

Just thought I'd post some pics of him - thanks again to all who gave great advice many moons ago!
Attached Images

Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

OMG what a wonderful story! thanks for sharing an update with pics no less!!

Rocky sure is handsome and I bet he is so thankful everyday that he found you!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He's looking marvelous, loulou!! Great story!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:22 AM
Senior Contributor

loulou what a wonderful story!! and he is such a handsome boy!! I do hope he stays in the house more now though now so he'll be safer.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Senior Contributor

loulou,you'r right,it has been long,but I remember beautiful Rocky and you,love the pics,he looks like one happy confident kitty
Thank's for updating Rockys story
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thanks for the update, loulou. I am so glad he has fully recovered and now living a comfy life with you. You are his

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey