Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Feeding the 16 for a week

I just went and stocked up on kitty food yesterday. Got thinking about the amount of food they went through plus the others I feed that aren't in the catuary. It's a lot! But I knew that.
Thought you'd all enjoy seeing what they go through in 7 days.
This is just the canned. There is also a huge bag of dry (Kirkland) and half a bag for the other ferals.
Attached Images

Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
~Cat Servent~

Man... just when I though my kitty food bills were big! LOL where do you store all that!?!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow, I'll never complain about how much I spend on food again.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Young at Heart

WOW - I guess my furball/fuzzbutt food bills aren't bad at all!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Remembering Lukka

This little kitten would like to donate her money to the cause

Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh Lukka'sma, you made my day!! I love those lol cats. They are so sweet! And the captions... (Don't think a quarter would go too far though but don't tell him that )

My kitties are worth every penny I spend on them. I just came back from Costco where I picked up three more 20k bags of dry for them. Only thing I don't like is the weight. There has got to be an easier way of carrying them.

krdahmer... I have it in their catuary shed at the moment but I usually have it either in the house or in my small greenhouse. It only takes up a little room. (Don't show your hubby this. He will really freak! )
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh Lukka'sma, you made my day!! I love those lol cats. They are so sweet! And the captions... (Don't think a quarter would go too far though but don't tell him that )

My kitties are worth every penny I spend on them. I just came back from Costco where I picked up three more 20k bags of dry for them. Only thing I don't like is the weight. There has got to be an easier way of carrying them.

krdahmer... I have it in their catuary shed at the moment but I usually have it either in the house or in my small greenhouse. It only takes up a little room. (Don't show your hubby this. He will really freak! )
Get yourself a granny cart When I go to the grocery store I put it in my trunk. Yeah, it looks odd, but it's better then busting your back or making several trips. When I get litter and food and stuff at the pet store I put it all in the granny cart and take it up to my apartment.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Senior Contributor

20 kilo bags aren't an issue in themselves (weight wise I mean) but there's no handle on them they have handles on the little bags, like 5 kilo bags, those are easy to pick up without a handle anyway. They bigger ones where you could need something to grab on to ... no handle why oh why ??!!

I'll have to overfill some bowls for the two cats tomorrow, since we'll be leaving them alone from tomorrow afternoon till Sunday noon-ish. Think I'll totally change their litter too, not just scoop it (both boxes). Water is easy: dog bowls
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Get yourself a granny cart When I go to the grocery store I put it in my trunk. Yeah, it looks odd, but it's better then busting your back or making several trips. When I get litter and food and stuff at the pet store I put it all in the granny cart and take it up to my apartment.
Thanks ancient. Good suggestion. The biggest problem is getting it into and out of the big carts at Costco. Once I'm home I have hubby to carry it for me. I think mom may have a card around her apartment somewhere......
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Senior Contributor

They should at least have someone go out and help you though.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
20 kilo bags aren't an issue in themselves (weight wise I mean) but there's no handle on them they have handles on the little bags, like 5 kilo bags, those are easy to pick up without a handle anyway. They bigger ones where you could need something to grab on to ... no handle why oh why ??!!

I'll have to overfill some bowls for the two cats tomorrow, since we'll be leaving them alone from tomorrow afternoon till Sunday noon-ish. Think I'll totally change their litter too, not just scoop it (both boxes). Water is easy: dog bowls
OH NO!!!!!! PETS.CA WITHDRAWAL FOR 2 WHOLE DAYS?????????
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah :sad: I'll be soo far behind on the slim-threads and the TJT how will I even manage to catch up

But on the other hand, 2 days with no PC ...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep ancient, I agree. But sometimes it's hard to find anyone who works there let alone one who will help!
And Sarah, you will catch up. I too am really far behind on posts but it's only going to get worse as I start getting busier. I will still try my darndest though. Enjoy your weekend!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I hear ya. I went to Petco yesterday and the guy at the checkout had such a bored look on his face. I had to ask him to please put the two boxes of Fancy Feast I got in a bag. Like I'm going to walk to my car with a huge bag of litter, and two 24 can boxes of food piled up on my head or something.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
150% PRO S/N

Retail! Gotta love it!!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Lukka'sma....LOVE that picture and caption,OMG that's sooo cute.
We went to Costco today,2 huge bags of birdseeds,2 huge bags of Peanuts(not heavy)2 boxes of litter..gosh it's hard to get older,everything is heavy
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Lukka'sma....LOVE that picture and caption,OMG that's sooo cute.
We went to Costco today,2 huge bags of birdseeds,2 huge bags of Peanuts(not heavy)2 boxes of litter..gosh it's hard to get older,everything is heavy
Yep, it is. What makes it harder for me is soft tissue damage in my right shoulder. It is quite painful on some days but I cope. We all do. And I do love the big bags of food for the kittens/dogs. I get my bird seed at Food Basic. I thought it was cheaper there then at Costco. Will have to check it out next time.

Last edited by 14+kitties; January 3rd, 2008 at 10:36 PM.