Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old January 12th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Senior Contributor

New cat for roxy

Hey everyone.,..hope the same people are still here,been awhile...Im back in arizona,got my own place,and decided roxy was lonely and got new kitten his name is teddy and he is awesome....Only problem is he never has solid stools,took to vet twice,ran tests,cant find anything wrong.Told me i could switch to a food they have their,but then roxy would have to eat it to,so not sure what to do about that one...Anyway hope all is well with everyone.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
-

Hey Heidi ....welcome back. Glad you got your own place again. Are you working? New bf? Hope all is going well for you.

Congrats on the new kitten and you know that pics are a must. Hope to see some soon as well as Roxy.

I'm presuming the vet must have wormed Teddy so what are you feeding him and Roxy now?
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Heidiho!! Long time no post! How are you doing? I hope things are going good! Sounds like things have changed quite a bit since yoou were last on! You were staying with your mom! Great news on having your own place!

Awe Roxy has a friend! thats awesome! and they get along great?

What are you feeding them now? Hard of Soft food and what kind? maybe between all the people with food knowledge on here you might be able to find something they both like?

Oh I have to ask....PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in again!!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Senior Contributor

when i drop off camera i will get them put on disc to show you,he is all white with patches of black,his face is half black and half white,with a black spot on his nose.....he is a total lap cat,i adore him..Roxy tolerates him,he just terrorizes her and she is overweight and older so you know how that goes...So funny as soon as i get home he runs into the bathroom and i HAVE toi turn the water on,he cries and cries til i do....I got him from a rescue place and yeah he was dewormed and everything,i feed them solid gold dry food,rox has been eating that for years i hate to have to change it..Gonna wait another month(had him about a month now) and see if it gets any better,,cant wait to show you his pics,he is just adorable..I work at a solar company as receptionist and assistant to the owner....In a little over my head in apt,but rox just wasnt doing real well at parents so i went for it,
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome back, Heidi!

I've got no cat advice cuz we're still overrun with dogs here, but I'm going to join the general clamor for pics when you get a chance!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
~Cat Servent~

WB! Congrats on the new kitty and the new place....can't wait for photos! I took in a 10 month old kitty back at the end of october and he's had runny-runnyish poop this whole time, had everything checked out and he's fine, we just figure he's having trouble adjusting to the rich food we feed around here! And talk about stink....

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG the smell is awful,i thought it was because if the food change to,but a month seems a little long...Nothing like trying to scoop up runny crap with kitty litter all over it...ha ha so glad ya all are here
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Welcome back, Heidi!

It is probably the food, could be too much carbs or could be an allergy and may not clear up unless you change foods.

Can't wait to see pics.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Senior Contributor

That means roxy is gonna have to eat the same food,even though it is for intestinal problems,which i dont min d,but want to make sure it wont hurt her...
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM

You said you have him on a dry food? Try switching him to a diet at least partially cnosisting of wet food. As the food gurus on here will tell you wet is much better for cats than dry, especially male neutered cats. Dry food has been linked to numerous health problems including diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and others.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Heidi. Congratulations on the new baby.

It sounds as though things are going well. You were with your mom and her kitties for a while right? Is it better for Roxy now that you're in your own place? Pics please !!!!
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Senior Contributor

roxy is doing much better now that we have our own place...Oh yeah BTW,2 out of the four cats my mom takes care of one male one female,i trapped and got fixed,so proud of myself that i was able to pull it off,the female was pregnant with a second litter when i took her in...I set up the traps and figured i would just try and pick them up and put them in there,and it worked,the male i almosdt didnt get but with a little pushing got him in crate
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiho View Post
roxy is doing much better now that we have our own place...Oh yeah BTW,2 out of the four cats my mom takes care of one male one female,i trapped and got fixed,so proud of myself that i was able to pull it off,the female was pregnant with a second litter when i took her in...I set up the traps and figured i would just try and pick them up and put them in there,and it worked,the male i almosdt didnt get but with a little pushing got him in crate
great work.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Senior Contributor

thank you,i am pretty stoked about that......and they said when you release them they might take off and not come back for a few days,not them,they never left and i swear became more afffectionate to me.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
-

Awesome job on getting the cats trapped and fixed.

I agree that the SG food was probably a drastic change from what Teddy was used to eating therefore causing the loose stools. If he'll eat yogurt try giving him a wee bit (the plain organic kind) or else some pumpkin (plain canned stuff, not the pie filling one) to see if that helps. Or else you can buy some probiotics from the drug store or health food store or else some slippery elm from there.

Looking forward to the pics.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome back Heidi! So good to hear you and Roxy are doing well, and that you have a new furbaby. No advice on the food really as we are dog folks, but sounds like you've had good advice so far.

I'm with the others though, anxiously awaiting pics...
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Contributor

will drop camera off this weekend and have pics by monday..wait to you see how friggin cute he is....just love him,but rox will always be # 1....
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:08 AM

Ooh, kitten pics Can we have some of Roxy too please?
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old January 16th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Senior Contributor

good to see you again, Welcome back
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Heidi,I've thought of you often and I am so glad you are doing ok
Great you managed to trap these cats,it does give you a great feeling
I too will eagerly wait for pics,the baby sounds wonderful,but don't forget beautiful Roxy