Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Exclamation Lost border collie in Brampton!!!!Please help!!

Ok here's the story, a bit of a long one. 6 months ago my brother's friend brought his dog over...I fell in love. He told me that they were moving and he needed to find the dog a home. I would have liked to have brought him home but my dog who was 12 did not get along too well with other dogs (he was a rescue and I tried). So I said I would help him find a home. Feb.9/09 My pup had to be rushed to the hospital. We later found out he had hemangiosarcoma. A large tumor the size of a real baseball was attached to his spleen. He had absolutely no symptoms until that day, NONE at all. A few short hours later we lost him. I miss him sooooo much but I know he is still with me. March 24/09, my brother's friend called and said he needed to find a home for his guy, I wasn't yet ready(still hurting from losing my guy Kato) but I knew he needed a home and I did fall in love with him from the first day so I decided to take him. His dog, Max, kept running off the property and the neighbours were really upset. I asked him if he could keep him just until friday because I wouldn't be home during the day and I have cats so I would like to be there the first couple of days. The follwing Monday my mother would be home and able to stay with him for the next 6 months. Friday I called him to tell him I was going to come over and pick him up. I was sooo excited!! He told me he had taken off the night before and hadn't come back. That was March 26/09. Still no sign. Although I have been critisized because I am still searching and he wasn't my dog yet, I still am. The day I said I would take him, I made a commitment to take care of him. I've posted signs, I have a report in brampton, mississauga, caledon, orangeville, oakville, georgetown, halton hills, erin. Everywhere. Every vet clinic, pet store. No sign. I call shelters daily, check online hourly. Nothing. If anyone can give me any advice it would be much appreciated. He is a red and white border collie/Sheltie. 1 yr. 3m. Very sweet and friendly, but kind of shy. He was lost around creditview rd. and wanless in brampton. Any advice would be great. Sorry for the long read!!

Tags
border collie, brampton, lost