Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old November 15th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Rottie owner and lover

Let it snow !!!!

Ok all, I know you will hate me, but I am kinda liking the snow here. Harley will be really playing in it tonight for the 1st time, last year he was too young to enjoy it.
I will make sure i get some pics of his first adventure.
How many of you enjoy playing in the snow with your dogs ???
Kayla will also have a blast
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I woke up to snow here on the ground too. Luckily I dont have to work today. Will be going for a walk to get my son with Joey in the snow in minute. Seeing he is from Alaska he should he in is element.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottielover
Kayla will also have a blast
She certainly will! (ok I know you weren't talking about my Kayla here, but couldn't resist )

I love the snow though, I always feel like putting up xmas lights and making spiced hot apple cider. I was so happy when I woke up to snow this morning! I took Kayla and Puppy to the park before I even had breakfast I was so excited!
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately, all our snow melted in the last couple of days!!! But before it did, Abby & Keeper and I hiked at Brown-Lowery park southwest of Calgary on Saturday and took this moody picture from a ridge, the Rockies in the background.

But Abby & Keeper love the snow and, like many Canadians, I like it too right up until about the third week of January.

One of my favourite moments with Abby, if you can picture it, came on a full moon night at our country home. Bright moonshine and Abby and I were out in a white field of deep, newly fallen snow, Abby running big circles around me and myself trying to catch her, our moon shadows doing the same, then collapsing together in an exhausted heap to give her a belly rub!!

And we toboggan at nighttime down the hill from the side of our house, Abby and Keeper chasing merrily . . . . don't tell anyone I'm in my 40's!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I will be walking Harley before I pick up Kayla, but depending on how kayla feels, I will allow her to play outside with Harley. I picture both of them on there backs to make snow angels...LOL ( yes Harley does wiggle on his back )
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I am sooooooooo jealous, can we go visit you rick. Harley would LOVE it there...Maybe too much
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:24 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

"Ginger Angel"

Here is Ginger making one of those angels first thing this morning...never even made it off the deck! I am sure she wonders why I make her "suffer" through our hot/humid summers when she is clearly such a snow dog. Took her to the woods shortly after this pic and she was happily soaked!

The snow has turned to rain now...hope you got your dogs out in enough time, Rottielover!
Attached Images

Old November 15th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Since we live in a country with 4 beautiful seasons,I do like snow,but HATE rain and that's what we are having right now:sad:
Bailey the Cocker(my neighbors dog) that I take for a walk every day,will not go out in the rain,it's a real problem since she needs to do her stuff.
I am hoping she will like the snow...
I love a calm winternight,with big fat snowflakes coming down,like a winter-wonderland.Then come inside and sit in front of the fire,with our 3 kitties curled up beside us.
Old November 15th, 2005, 05:38 PM
owned by Tucker

I'm sure Tucker will be happy to see snow again. He was only 7 months in Dec. last year so he loved it, I wonder if they remember what it is?
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Jemma was soooooo excited this morning. She was out there rolling around in the cm or two that we got. How can you not love it? When you see them so happy, it makes freezing your hiney off well worth it.
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

I love the snow! And so does Olive, we figured out today (only had her a month). It's soooo funny, whenever I make a snowball and throw it, she's runs crazy fast after it and finds it and eats it! Not only eats it but she chomps it down like it's going out of style. You should see her run for them, quite the feat for a 10 year old boxer!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Diandpat: "Angels in the snow" seems to be a golden thing. My 16 yr old golden still turned into a pup with the first snow fall of the season.

We did not get enough snow for me to take Heidi out. Which is ok as her snow suit has not arrived yet. I can't wait to see her reaction to snow as she is from South Carolina. She is a champion fly catcher, I wonder if she will snap at the snow flakes the same way ???? As most of you know, Heidi is a semi paralized dachshund. She is pretty mobile for her handicap. I do want to let her experience snow under her paws at least once (properly bundled up of course )
Old November 16th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Nice snow angel picture . . . . . a lady on another Golden board lost her Golden boy earlier this year and that was his favourite trick and her favourite memory of him.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:02 AM
owned by Tucker

My last dog Travis use to bull doze the snow, he'd put his head down into the snow and push himself along with his back legs. I think most dogs love snow but I do know some that hate rain.