Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old May 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM

Unhappy Lost Manchester Terrier in Etobicoke

On May 7th our Manchester Terrier was spooked and ran off from our backyard.
I tried to catch up with her but lost her at Martin Grove/Eglinton/HWY27 in Etobicoke. She is approximately 25lbs and looks like a miniature doberman. I've registered with the Humane Society and all the shelters in the area and also placed signs in the neighbourhood. We would appreciate any information anybody can provide us as she has disappeared without a trace.
Attached Images

Last edited by SIL; May 30th, 2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Sorry to hear about your dog, I saw your ad on other sites, have you tried checking at vet offices? When I found a shepherd a few years ago, the first place I took it was to a vet that was nearby.

Hope you find your dog soon.

Good luck.

Last edited by papillonmama; May 30th, 2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM

I've given pictures and called the vet offices in our area. However, because we live near the highways (401/427/27) she could be anywhere by now. The only good thing we know is that she hasn't been picked up by the street or highway clean up crews. We're just hoping that if someone has her they will realize how much she's missed and return her. My 3 kids are devastated. The Manchester Terrier isn't a very common breed (there are only 2 breeders in Ontario) so hopefully she will be found and returned to us.
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:44 AM
-

Did you check with the Toronto Animal Services in the past few weeks, I know that they had a couple of dobermans listed that are not on their site now. They should still have photos.
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:56 AM

Hi...Yes, I check with them often but will be going in to their West office again this afternoon. I was told that the Ontario Veterinary College might be able to send a fax with her picture to all the vets in Ontario. Does anybody know how to go about that? There has been no sightings of her at all so I am at a loss as to what to do next.
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Senior Contributor

http://www.ontario.servpro.ca/listco...rinarians.html
try this site for starters...I hope you find him..Good luck

I just went down the list and faxed them or emailed them a poster...the Ontario Vet Association...not sure, but if you go into their site you can email them your request
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:53 PM
-

You could try calling the Etobicoke Humane Society, maybe they have had something reported to them, their # 416 249 6100. Good Luck she looks a sweetie. I would also update your post on the THS lost and found.

Last edited by Chris21711; May 31st, 2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: to add something
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:07 PM

Thanks Chris21711 I sent an email to the Humane Society stating that we are still looking for her. They have to do the edits...unfortunately it might take a while...thanks for the suggestion. I've already contacted the Etobicoke Humane Society with no luck. They are actually having a 'dog walk' this Saturday (for anybody interested) at a park near Martin Grove and Eglinton so I'll probably head out there to see if I can post our dog's picture. It's near where I last saw her so maybe someone will recognize her.
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:30 PM

that you find her soon! It breaks my heart to think of what you are going through. Don't ever give up.....

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM

Aw I'm sorry about you dog. You mentioned on my thread how you did not have any leads. I'm sure you will get some leads. I didn't have any at first either..then I started going mailbox to mailbox and putting out more and more and more posters and eventually I got calls after about a month. (None of them were my dog..or even close to my dog..so they were crappy leads anyways).

I hope your dog turn up:love: .. I also hope all of us will have a happy ending.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
-

for her safe return home. If she is microchipped you should note that on anything you send to Vet's, Humane Society's or Animal Serrvice's so that they will be reminded to scan her for ID.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Hi...Unfortunately she is not micro chipped but she does have a tattoo on her belly/hind right leg. I took cpietra16's advice and emailed all of the vets in the area but we still haven't had any luck. There is also an add in the Star but there have been no sightings...nothing at all since May 7th!!! It's very discouraging but I know I have to keep on trying to find her.
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
-

Sil, there is a posting on Toronto Animal Services today for a Min Pin X, they list it as a male but they do make plenty of typos, I don't think it is your girl, but have a look You would know best. Good Luck in finding her.
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Hi Chris21711...I saw the listing and I did a double take. It wasn't our girl but it looked like her about 5 years ago. He is no longer there so I assume his owners were found. I wish someone would take our dog to a shelter so we can be reunited too.
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
-

Unhappy

Sil, there is another posting on Toronto Animal Services today, once again a male, there is no photo yet. No doubt you have already seen it yourself.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Hi...Yes, I called and they did confirm it is a male found with a red harness. I'm still waiting for the picture though to double check. As of yesterday she hadn't been picked up by MTO as road kill so we're still hopeful that she's alive out there somewhere.
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Smile

Even thought we haven't found our girl yet I am happy to say that I helped reunite another lost dog with it's owner...it makes me feel a little bit better. I saw a lost/found posting at the Humane society site and matched it to the min. pin. at the east animal shelter. I hope someone does the same for us or at least calls with some news since we haven't heard anything in over a month.
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
banned user

Sil..I share your anxiety in not having any calls. What can you do?
You feel so helpless when you don't even know where to look.
I wish more of the smaller pounds would subscribe to pet harbor so
you can have access to pets right away.
Know you are in my thoughts as well as Carly and if there is anything
I can do to help let me know.
Shirley
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:03 PM

My friend's friend told me he lost his dog when he was a kid...and three months later they found him. Someone was keeping him. I don't really know this person, that's the only thing he said to me about it...it made me hopeful anyways. maybe someone will find our dogs.

Oh, and here is a something random and weird lol. Last night I had a dream someone found a Mancester Terrier in an animal shelter...and they told me and I knew who it belonged to because I saw him on this site I'm guessing I was thinking about your dog hehe.
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Hi Shirley, thanks for your offer to help. I didn't know sites like this existed and it's nice to know that people care. Carly, I definitely hope your dream comes true!!! I know how you feel about Spencer only sitting on the chair by the pool, Billie slept in our bed so it's been tough not having her around. My kids keep asking about her and want to put up posters everywhere. My oldest son wants to have a party when she comes home...I hope his wish comes true :love:
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM

I'm in love with the movie "Homeward Bound" now...yes, I'm corny but it makes me feel better

Maybe your kids should rent it....we can pretend that Billie, Spencer and Sable are on a journey like those dogs..and they are going to pop up one day in the backyard ..hehehe.
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:13 AM

We still haven't heard anything on Billie. No calls at all since she ran off on May 7th I have no idea what else to do...I keep putting up signs, the ad is still in the Star, the websites still have her posting and NOTHING!!!
To top it off I called the Mississauga Animal Services yesterday and was told that animals are only kept for 5 days...if they aren't claimed they are euthanized or put up for adoption. :sad:
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Oh SIL,

I hope Billie is somewhere being taken care of by a kind stranger, and one day will be returned to his rightful home.

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:07 AM
banned user

There is another one in the Toronto pound on Pet Harbor but it is
listed as a male as well as the last one...the picture looks like
Billie but wrong gender....I'm sure you have already seen the posting.

Still hoping you find him Sil, I look everyday at all the different sites and
keep you and Carly in my heart while I look.
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM

Hi Shirley...Yes, I went to the animal shelter yesterday, before the picture was posted and asked to see him. I know it said male but I still had to see him for myself and it wasn't Billie. He also had a docked tail, which Billie doesn't. I can't believe that he's still there and nobody has posted that a min pin is missing...poor little guy.
I keep looking for updates of Sable, it's nice to hear that you have sightings of him. I wish that would be the case with Billie but unfortunately there haven't been any calls. I'm hoping that we can all be reunited with our loved ones soon....I DON'T want to give up but don't know what else to do at this point.
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:47 PM
banned user

There is another minature doberman on pet harbor again today...no picture yet..says neutered male?? Toronto East location
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Keep reposting pics of your pooch and offer a REWARD.A Boston Terrier on another board I frequent was reunited with his owner because she kept reposting his pics and looking for him.Turns out a family found him and didn't report him as missing.They didn't see the signs untill weeks later.....or the guilt got them?Good luck!!!!!
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Thanks Shirley...I called and they said it was in fact a male. I can't believe there are 2 min pins out there and nobody is claiming them :sad:
Thanks Rainy...I will definitely keep putting up pictures of Billie. The posters and the ad in the Star both say 'reward' so hopefully someone will get greedy and/or guilty and return her.
Thank you for all your support and for looking out for our Billie
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM

Hi SIL

I completley understand the frusteration with not hearing any news on your missing dog. I havn't had any leads in quite a while...and the only ones I did get were false.

Keep looking..I really don't know what else to do for Spencer either..I'm just going to continue to post website ads and posters everywhere.

I just wanted to say...I know that frusteration too (just like alot of people do on this website)
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM
-

Sil, there is a post on the THS site for a min-pin, it does say male (could be a typo), approx. 6 years old found in the High Park area wearing a black harness?