Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 28th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Tess looks lovely!! Love the before and after pix- you have done so well with her!!!!

I wonder if like some ferals, she had been hungry so often that she thought she had to save food? Poor baby tho she is in a good place now!!
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Pietra,I had the same experience with Vinnie,maybe it was because he was found alone and scrounging for food,but he would steal hot-dogs,once even a cucumber(long english one)other food-stuff and drag it downstairs.
I never thought of leaving anything on the counter,Rocky and Chico do not like people-food,but Vinnie eats anything Still an though
Tess looks so sweet...
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Cyberkitten and Chico2, I agree with you both. Until the Hamburger hiest I never noticed how much Tess comes around when we have food . My other pets must have known this way before the "humans" realised. You see, before Tess they were all grazers and now they seem to eat all their food in one sitting. I guess we will all have to change our behavior until Tess realizes that she will always have food in her bowl. She is also getting braver, she makes her way to Crunchie or Misty, and even Winnie, my lab, and sticks her face right underneath theirs and eats their food. I think my animals are not sure how to deal with this behavior, so they just leave....Tess is obviously a charmer.
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Pietra,it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling reading about how well she's doing..
I feed my 3 cats their wet food in one bowl each,Vinnie will eat his,but one eye is always checking out Rocky's and Chico's bowls,to make sure they don't finish theirs
However Vinnie is not skinny as Tess,so I have to watch him not let him eat everything,but a times I forget and find him partying between the 3 dishes
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributor

chico2...Winnie and Tess sound like they treat this whole feeding like a buffet. Tess goes from one bowl to the other too. I just have to be careful with the dog food. Winnie is very accommodating; last year Winnie had to deal with my two year old stealing her food, now its the cat, I don't know how much more Winnie will deal with. One of these days I can imagine she will back up her bowl and toy, tie them to a string and leave this house all together