Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 13th, 2005, 10:00 PM

ARGH! This dog is just out to partyI think! Is it possible he smells that we've been around his batchelor pad and thought"uh-oh they're on my trail, better keep moving"!! He hasn't been back to that place now and he was going there every day for almost a week! Ron did another late night search all around that area, put up yet more posters, my co-worker searched the area with some friends too, but nothing. He also seems to be using the railway lines to get around, I guess he finds them quiet and less dangerous than the roads. So if he continued going west (towards home) along the tracks, then he'd probably be around hwy 7/steeles and Islington about now. Unless of course he's gone back the way he came. We're running out of time, we leave to go up north on Saturday morning and I'm going to hate not having a phone. I guess I'll have to change my outgoing message and ask my friend to take calls for me, just in case. Oh I was so excited on Monday, how could this dog be so naughty!!
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Maybe he was trying to follow your scent, knowing that you were there?
Old July 22nd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Bump bump. Any progress?
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I think they're on holiday at the moment.
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:52 PM

We've been on vacation for a week, I felt sure that I'd get home and that there would at least be some news of Toby, but not even one phone call. I put my friends phone number on our outgoing message, because she was willing to go and pick him up from wherever and keep him for us. But no a single call....I'm beyond depressed. TTYL.
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Agility Addict

Oh, that's so terrible ! I've been hoping and praying that Toby would be waiting for you when you returned home. That must be so worrisome, I really hope that nothing has happened to him - especially since it sounded like the little munchkin was out on the town enjoying himself.

I hope you hear soemthing encouraging soon, good luck!
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Lorna don't give up! We're all rooting for your Toby to make a safe journey back to you somehow!! Keep faith, keep making calls and visits, keep replacing posters and messages. Don't give up, go out and look as much as you can and just hope one day he'll be back with you!

HUGS
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:42 PM

Oh thanks everyone, as usual, keeping my spirits up. I've felt terrible since getting back to the empty house. I'm so discouraged by the total lack of calls. To think i was THAT close to getting him that time, so depressing. My mom is visiting from England and so thats stopped us from getting out there doing our postering and pestering campaign! Where could he be now? It's been two and a half weeks since we heard anything, he could be anywhere by now. Well my mom leaves here on Tuesday and after that I'll get out in the evenings again, but where to start, I don't know.
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I am sure mom would love to accompany you look for your dog
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
owned by Tucker

Oh your poor doggy, I hope you find him, you would be surprised how well they survive. If he is hanging out in a certain area wear some old clothes and tie them to a fence or tree and maybe he will stay in the area for you as he can smell you there. Just a thought. Good luck
Old July 30th, 2005, 08:05 AM
<-----nut ball

I was just looking at petfinder and I saw this guy. Very similar, except maybe the ears. Thought I would post anyway in case it might be him:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...25&tmpl=&stat=

Old August 1st, 2005, 08:58 AM

Wow that one looks so much like Toby! But, alas, not enough white on the chest area and paws But thanks so much anyway! It's only a couple more days until my mom leaves and then I'll be able to get back on the trail. Unfortunately my mom is a bit frail and can't sit in the car so long otherwise, she'd be happy to come on the dog hunt!

Thanks all!
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Too bad about mom, she must have been so uncomfortable on that long plane ride here then from the UK. Especially when those seats on the airplanes are so narrow and stiff. Did she take anything to comfort her on the plane? I know peope who take their own pillows and back supports, things like that.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM

the drinks service helps

She managed to leave T.O. at 4a.m. The crash at Pearson (about 5 mins from me) caused a real backlog of flights (thank goodness everyone on THAT flight was OK).

So now she's gone and my life is starting to sound like a country and western song.."my dog's gone, my momma's gone..." I'm itching to go Toby searching, but Ron doesn't think it's reasonable to do that any more. I guess he's right, but I just want to do it anyway. What do you think? Anyone?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

My brother lives close to the airport too he was lucky happened to be working from home that day and didn't get stuck on the 427/401

BYEEE mom have a safe ride home :queen:

Lorna if my Sadie was lost I would never stop looking to be honest!! NEVER

I'd be searching all the time esp in wooded areas. If Toby has a dog pal that he plays with a lot take that dog with you!! Dogs can sniff eachother out.
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Lornaron,never give up searching,Toby is out there somewhere waiting for his mommy to find him!! The only hope is that someone is feeding him and giving him water,this exhausting heat is difficult for any animal,even more so for a dog who cannot find his way home :sad:
I would be searching every free minute I have until I found him,one way or the other,so please,do not give up on poor Toby!
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Senior Contributor

The Humane Society believes the Pointer I adopted was out on his own for about three months, He is a hunter and is quite adapt at finding food and water. Although he had nearly every worm imaginable other than heartworm he was in pretty good shape when they finally got him.

You dog is a hunter too and he is may be very adept at finding food although it may be nothing either of us would ever consider eating. Don’t give up. They are tougher than you think. Keep looking.
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Nothing new to report I'm afraid. I haven't been able to go out in the evening yet and I just wouldn't know where to start. He's wandered all over. The paving company spot where he was going to eat and drink (and hang out with the guard dogs) haven't called to say that he's been back yet. I'm getting worried that the guard dog that didn't like him has hurt him or something
Old August 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM

That's too bad. :sad: Good luck.
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

They may have lost your information, have you called them yourself or been over there?

It sounds like you're giving up hope so not looking anymore. You have to give yourself a little boost and try again!!!!
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Definetly go back to the construction-site,if they think you've given up,they might not bother :sad:
Not everyone cares about a dog running lose,whether he lives or dies,maybe the person who called you is no longer there...who knows
If this is a place where Toby got food and water he might just stick around,but since you are not calling them,but waiting for them to call,they are not bothering.
I would also have a list of shelters to visit regularly...and never give up.
If Toby was killed by the guarddog,I am sure you could get the workers to tell you the truth,it would not have been their fault,no need to lie to you.
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:15 AM
owned by Tucker

Never give up hope.
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I found this guy on petfinders in mississauga, hes the same weight as your guy and they describe him as a beagle/terrier mix, I've got my fingers crossed http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM

I'm so completely freaked out that you haven't found Toby yet! Please keep your spirits high. I know when I lost my dog I started to maybe accept that I wouldn't find her, but I did, and she was well taken care of.

It is so important to keep looking, keep putting the posters, maybe it's also time to put a reward up if you haven't already. I know that's a risky thing to do but it could encourage you and who ever has him to give him up. Check all the shelters and keep calling the SPCA and even visit them often because they sometimes shuffle the animals to get more coverage and possible adoptions.

You are doing your best, be proud you are doing everything you can. I'll keep praying for your family and Toby.

xo Laurie
Chacha - Chipoo
3 budgies
Sam - rabbit
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Here is another one, may be him. http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=
Fingers crossed

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Senior Contributor

That looks a lot like Toby,but Toby is micro-chipped,wouldn't whoever found him check first,I think he was also wearing a collar,but that could have come off....
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Missing Toby--could this be him?

Found this little guy on Petfinder.com. Looks very much like Toby... Hope this is him. This dog is currently with Take Me Home rescue in Mississauga.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:04 AM

Oceanichail, that one really looks like him!!
Old August 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
owned by Tucker

I don't think it is Toby has more white on his chest and on his front toes. Very close though, poor Toby he is out there somewhere, maybe someone has taken him in and kept him?
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Poor Toby can't imagine what he's going through if he's fending for himself.
I HOPE someone took him in to care for him, atleast then maybe he's safe.

Sigh, I just don't know what I would do..I'd be out of my mind if it were Sadie!