Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old August 20th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Some faces from the shows.

Thought some of these might give you an 'aawww!' moment. This beautiful blue tongued Chow Chow for instance, only a young fellow. Or the lovely little 'butterfly dog', i.e. Papillon.
Attached Images

Old August 20th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Another photo of the Papillon showing how the ear shape and fringing makes them look like a butterfly. Next is a friend's 'Pappy puppy' as I christened it.
Don't you love how the two little beds fit so neatly into the dog trolley? Final photo here is to illustrate the intelligence and beauty of the sheltie.
Attached Images

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

This little gem is a female bi-black(black and white) sheltie imported from the USA. Lovely little girl! While the next, a baby boy(tricolor) sheltie, I imagine is all English lines. This third sheltie I think is a combination of English and American lines and I just love him! He needs to mature but such a lovely outline and I really like his drapey coat.
Attached Images

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Senior Contributor

This is the dog that I'd liked to have taken home with me. Cato, who is the smoochiest German Shepherd I've ever met. If he knows you like him he just gently leans against you to get some loving. Even does it to Judges, so what a suck he is! LOL. His son is a glorious specimen, however I failed to get a photo of him.

I am chucking another face in, which I couldn't resist. I called in at my friend's place on the way home from the show and had a talk to her while she trimmed this mini pony's hooves. Howzat for a face though, I think she is super cute!
Attached Images

Old August 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Cute pics, GF! I love that chow! I wanna bury my face and hands in that coat!! Wouldn't want to have to groom it, though.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

What great pics GF. I have a friend who is trying to get hold of a Papillon. She's always had Pom's of late, but hasn't had much luck healthwise with them, so she's decided to switch. Unfortunately her breeder has kept the pup she was looking at for show.

Love, love, love the shep and pony. I'd take the pony though! I love dogs who lean, Shadow was a leaner, Halo likes to lean into you with her head, she'll plant her head between your legs and just lean right into you.
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

big awwwwwwwwwwws from me!

My cheeks lifted to smile involuntarily

Thx for the share.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Senior Contributor

oh what gorgeous dogs!! but ya gotta love that pony's face...........
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
This is the dog that I'd liked to have taken home with me. Cato, who is the smoochiest German Shepherd I've ever met. If he knows you like him he just gently leans against you to get some loving. Even does it to Judges, so what a suck he is! LOL. His son is a glorious specimen, however I failed to get a photo of him.

I am chucking another face in, which I couldn't resist. I called in at my friend's place on the way home from the show and had a talk to her while she trimmed this mini pony's hooves. Howzat for a face though, I think she is super cute!
That is one handsome German Shepherd . Woof Woof!! I love the phony too. My standard poodle would lean into people too give them a hug. I miss that so much.
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, I am always amazed by how people do manage to groom dogs like Samoyeds, Chow Chows,Poms, Keeshonds etc.. Such a dense coat they have. Better put Malamutes in with them. Shelties' coats are enough for me.

Sorry your friend missed out on getting the Pap', DD. Good things come to those who wait though. They are supposed to be very intelligent little dogs. Our Perkins leant with his head too, and doesn't talk like this make you miss them? All the leaners from the past. What colour was your Standard Poodle, Barkingdog?
Marko, I think I smiled the minute I saw the Chow Chow. My niece, Traci, has a couple of adult Chow Chows - I can see the attraction to the breed.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

I do miss Shadow terribly still. Now you're making me get all teary eyed! I'll have to go home and let Halo lean on me tonight . Good things come to those who wait... I've been trying to tell that to DH ever since we got into the hunt for a Malamute. He still thinks the breeder is lying to us and has had a litter but didn't tell us. He has no faith in people it seems. I told him to be patient, she doesn't have that many people looking for a Mal, if she gets a successful breeding she's going to let us know. I keep reminding him that this stuff doesn't just happen because we want it to, nature has to do it's thing....
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Don't tell your DH that I had to wait either 3 ,or was it 7 (?) years to get Perkins and Susie. DD, that will get him impatient. If I have to buy a companion for Jarrah, who knows how long a wait I'll have this time either. You can only put yourself on a waiting list.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor

GF, patience is not a strong suit for my Italian. Not even sure if there is a word for it in Italian...
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL. Let's hope it all happens soon for you.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Real life different dog breeds are so much fun. One I saw at a RAlly trial recently was a Longhaired Chinese Crested. CAn you say Miniature Afghan Hound? That's what she looked like. Maybe Toy Afghan. Seems the breed has two types of ears, erect or down and more hound like and hers were the down ones. She did very well too.

There was a Chow breeder near us and we dropped in to see puppies once. Do you know what is fascinating? You knew their tongues started out pink and begin to turn blue around 12 weeks of age, right? Well, they are all born with black coats and begin to turn red about the same 12 weeks. It's like their tongues and coats switch colour.
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Senior Contributor

You learn new things every day, Longblades, I didn't know that about the colour change in the Chow Chows. I should have taken a photo of the Chinese Cresteds at the show, I was talking to the woman about them seeing my S.I.L. said she'd like to own one. This exhibitor told me that (her opinion) the hairless ones are hyper, but the powderpuff cresteds are a much steadier dog.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

second time I'm looking at this - so cute!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter