Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

14+They have 2 kitties,the other one I caught is a beautiful little Tortie with a big fluffy tail,the white one is just beautiful....stupid people.
I told HS I caught the neighbors cats,so she would know,I know who's cats they are:sad:
The problem with letting you take her,is my concience,I am a very bad liar and the first one they would ask,would be me.
They'd probably just get another...
It seems they let them out for a few hours when they come home from work,I don't see them in the daytime.

Last edited by chico2; March 11th, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Well then, I guess they come out here. Stupid people don't deserve them!
You also have lots of neighbours. It could be one of their cats too.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

No,I know all the cats in this neighbor-hood,these 2 belong to the new guys,for sure,
We saw the Tortie in the window one day and the white one is theirs too.
However,I could not do that to you,you certainly have your handsful.
Also,I would not feel right,taking someones cat,unless I found out they are abused,there are quiet a few roaming cats here,but they all have homes,except for my little poor guy,wherever he is:sad:
Thank you for the offer though,it might come to that,who knows??
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It's too bad letting your cat out to roam on a busy street is not considered abuse. :sad:
Just remember if it ever comes down to it...... I am available.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

It is too bad. If we were considered their guardians, rather than they our property, then it would be.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry you havent had any luck yet chico :sad:

sending tonnes of good vibes and prayers for white kitty to be trapped soon

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Onsterno,I don't want the white kitty,she's the neighbors cat
The cat I want is a gray/white longhaired stray kitty,matted and a sore eye:sad:
Thank's 14+,I know you would always help out,you're the best.
Old March 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

oh i know u wanted the matted kitty with the hurt eye but i thought it was white...its white and tabby? sounds beautiful.

Have you seen it around at all?

Old March 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Maybe someone has taken in the cat you've been trying to catch Chico2. Or maybe it was lost and it's owners have found it. Have you not seen it again today?

Cindy
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

No,I have not seen him,he is gray/white:sad:cleaned up ,he would be beautiful.I think he's young,but very scared:sad:
Also,he's been around all winter,so I am hoping he'll come back.

I talked to HS and I have the trap for at least another week,she asked me to keep an eye out for a lost black/white kitten DSH,7 months old,it's been really cold at night,hope I find him,or that he goes in my trap.
I am always looking for stray animals,wherever I go,it's just an instinct I guess..

I've seen another,he is black/white,looks really old and beat up,he has huge jowles and is very dirty.
Today as we were walking Bailey,I saw him laying in the sun at a house(I know he does not live there)he is such a sad sight,he brought tears to my eyes.
After I brought Bailey home,I went to give the cat some food,he ran of course,but as I was walking away,he went to the food.
I don't know how rescuers do it,I get so upset seeing a cat in that shape,I can think of nothing else,I hope he makes it here to my house.
I can see how nobody would bother with this big cat,he's not cute,although I think he is,I would love for him to see that not all humans are bad.
After years of not seeing any strays,all of a sudden here they are:sad:
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
150% PRO S/N

The problem just continues to get worse. And will until people wake up and start taking some responsibility for getting their pets s/n. I really hope to see the day when you get a fine if your pet is not fixed. It's just too bloody easy right now to throw your cat and kittens outside and make it someone else's problem.
Chico - you are an absolute angel for caring about the animals in your area like you do. I salute you my friend!

Old March 12th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Senior Contributor

I think people in the rental townhouses across the street,might leave cats behind when they move
This old cat though,really got to me,I can feed him when I see him,nothing else I can do...unless he becomes less scared of me,it might take some time.
No I am no angel,if I knew the people who do this to their cats,I would clobber them and end up in jail
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM

me too

hi chico.

i feel the same way. i will never understand how people can hurt or abandon their pets ! in a perfect world, all pets would have to be spayed or neutered, and people would have to go through intense screening to be allowed to have an animal. it wouldn't eliminate problems like yours entirely, but it would put a dent in those kinds of things happening, i'm sure.

hugs,
tracy
Old March 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Moosedry,I have not seen either cat again,I was sooo hoping to catch him,but I have not given up yet
Maybe 14+was right,maybe the younger cat had babies and that's why I have not seen it for a couple of weeks.
I don't even know if he is male or female:sad:
All I can do isI can help these kitties to be safe...
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
~Cat Servent~

I'm sure they'll both turn up again if you are leaving food out. I know that once I started feeding the strays at the ghetto apartment I lived in I was amazed at how many came out of nowhere it seemed, all so hungry, and all so scared of people, it broke my heart. I really hope the old guy gets back to you... for all the little homeless kitties...may they find their way to us, and God willing, we can help as many as possible.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Patience. Misty disappeared for 6 weeks, then just wondered back to my deck for a feeding like she had never been gone.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

I still have my fingers crossed kitty will show back up soon chico. Maybe there is another kind soul like you that lives nearby who has taken him in. We can only hope. That's all we can hope for. Keep the trap as long as you can. Maybe kitty will show soon.
Have you caught the neighbours kitties again? Normally once you catch them they won't go back in.

Old March 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Senior Contributor

HS called again yesterday,a really nice girl,she said if I catch any cat in the trap to call her,but not the neighbors cats
This morning there was tons(well,lots)of white and gray hair on my frontporch,must have been some cat-fight.

The white hair is very clean and bright,must be from the neighbors little one,I hope she was not hurt,but maybe that's what it takes for them to keep her inside

Still no sign of "my"boy:sad:

Last edited by chico2; March 17th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old March 17th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico, i just pmed you something.

ACO22
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG<OMG I am furious!!

Talked to the new neighbor,guess what??
They have 3 females,the fluffy white one,the Tortie and another and they all had babiesthey have THIRTEEN kittens.
I don't swear but WTF!!!
I was fuming but kept my cool,he said they'll be spayed after this,sure!!!
I asked what they do with the kittens,they sell them...I am sooo upset,cannot see straight right now
I can see we will have one heck of a summer,with in tact females running around:sad:
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:22 AM
150% PRO S/N

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I guess if they all have had kittens they will keep them inside to look after them? Or are the kittens old enough they can be on their own for a while so the mommas can go out and risk getting killed on that busy road.
They need to have the TO low cost s/n telephone number given to them. What are they thinking! And you can bet they won't check out the people who come to pick up kittens. They will just let them go. s!
My offer stands. If they don't start looking after them better you know where they can come.

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Talked to the new neighbor,guess what??
They have 3 females,the fluffy white one,the Tortie and another and they all had babiesthey have THIRTEEN kittens.
I don't swear but WTF!!!
I was fuming but kept my cool,he said they'll be spayed after this,sure!!!
I asked what they do with the kittens,they sell them...I am sooo upset,cannot see straight right now
I can see we will have one heck of a summer,with in tact females running around:sad:
Don't get yourself worked up over it Chico, you will just stress yourself. Lots of people just don't get it and just don't care, we can't change them all sadly :sad:
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Chris,I know but it's difficult,the Tortie was outside today,Vinnie saw her and got all excited
I honestly think they have no plans on spaying either one of the cats,I think they supplement their income by breeding their cats and selling the kittens.
I wish there was a law protecting cats from being breeding machines!!
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Senior Contributor

HE'S ALIVE!!!
The kitty was in my backyard yesterday around six,I cried,he looks sooo bedraggled and sad,of course when he saw us he jumped the fence:sad:
I put the trap where I usually leave food,but no kitty,kept the trap out until 10.30pm...
I could not stop thinking of his sad face all night....I put the trap back out with smelly tunaI just have to get him
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Senior Contributor

omgomgomg yay!!!!

im so glad he's alive and was back in your yard. Please please please please let yourself be trapped kitty

Old March 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Keep at it chico, you'll get him. Good luck (to you and him).

along with; Dixie, Angel, Dex, Leroy, Babygirl, Harley, Chubby, Jasper, Katie and ole buckethead; Samson

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. Robert A. Heinlein
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM
150% PRO S/N

Aww chico I am so glad he is still around. You will get him. Remember it takes time and lots of patience. It doesn't help when there are other cats around. He is probably scared off before he can even get to the food. It is too bad you can't talk to those stupid neighbours about keeping their kitties inside until your kitty is caught.
Keep up the good work mf!!

Old March 18th, 2009, 01:32 PM

yay!!!!!!!!!!!

hooray, chico! now that we know he's still around, we can all rest assured that you will manage to get him.

i'm so happy for you!! keep us updated.

trac : )
(ps - lucy (my stray kitty with the new home) is doing much better - she's loving up to the new owners... it was just a matter of time, i guess!)
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEDRY View Post
hooray, chico! now that we know he's still around, we can all rest assured that you will manage to get him.

i'm so happy for you!! keep us updated.

trac : )
(ps - lucy (my stray kitty with the new home) is doing much better - she's loving up to the new owners... it was just a matter of time, i guess!)
Moosedry - that is wonderful to hear!!! She just needed to be able to relax and know she isn't getting moved again.

Old March 18th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,if I ever catch him I'll be soooo happy,he does not look very old,he's skinny,his long hair is matted and he's dirty:sad:
14+those idiot kitty-millers next door seem to keep the cats indoors for now,probably because of the 13 kittens,poor babies:sad:but I bet the minute the kittens are weaned they'll be back out to get pregnant again
Vinnie saw the Tortie yesterday,but that's it.