Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Dog love life!

Hi!
I have a cockapoo 9 months old living in Toronto suburb Oakville, and I have recently faced a question, neuter or not? Have reserched internet, and after going through all pros and cons, as well as taking into equation my feeling about it and dog behaviour so far, decided not to, at least not yet. Few reasons, dog is behavior is very good, no agression, respects me as well as others, even at 9 month old I can take him to park and back off leash if commanded to stay at my feet. I don't buy into story that his helth will be improved being neutered, (I think just the opposite), if in some off chance he gets testicular cancer, so be it, I am sure none of us would trade some of our organs to chance something wrong happening to them in future. Sure there will be some consequences not being neutered but I am willing to deal with them.
Also everybody's situation is different so I am here not advocating one aginst another. This is personal situation.
Him not being neutered, though, will not supress his normal sexual urge, and I would like to help him to find a partner from time to time. That is why I am writing this post.
I would like to find for him female dog that is either spayed (not sure if spayed dogs want or can have sexual intercourse) or owner that wants to breed his cockapoo to produce a litter.
Please let me know if there is a internet site that deals with this issue, or if anybody knows an owner of female dog interested to help out.