Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15th, 2010, 06:23 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Not meaning to offend

Myself and others have noticed lately some members taking offense to comments made by others and would like to add our comments. I can't say if these comments are made out of prejudice or lack of information, but they are hurtful just the same. There were a couple comments made to do with homosexuality in a thread recently and i'd like to correct some things said or atleast how they were said.

The comment had to do with someone outing themselves and the backlash from it. First off kinda wondering how the person posting the comment felt this person should have " expressed " it. The way it was phrased made it appear that if you aknowledge your lifestyle you're too " active". So back in the closet we go.

The main thing i want to correct is....it is not a preference or a choice. Seriously do you think we would choose a life where we are discriminated against, beaten (and yes it still happens), having to fight for any rights we have. Do you think Mathew Sheppard chose to be beaten and left to die. It is genetic plain and simple. Yes in Canada after a long hard fight we are now able to get married but ONLY in Canada. For years we had to pay school taxes but were not allowed to adopt. There are countries where people are killed for this, others where the gov't will pay for a sex change, etc. Gay is what we are not who we are. Anyone from Pets.ca who has met me in person knows, the person you see here is the person i really am. If you meet me and like me what does it matter what i do in the privacy of my own home. Believe me we don't want to sleep with every person we meet of the same sex just as you don't want to sleep with every opposite sex person you meet.

Just so i'm clear,,I AM NOT asking anyone here to out themselves for the sake of this thread. I am openly gay so i seemed the best person to post this. What i am asking from people not just concerning this topic. Think before you speak you may be hurting someone.

Last edited by aslan; February 15th, 2010 at 06:49 AM.