Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old March 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

A lousy start to the week

Just talked to the guy at my vet. They've got this client with a 4-month old tabby which, she says, pees everywhere. It has been checked out and has no physical problems. They suspect that she is hitting it. She paid big bucks to have it declawed and now wants to put it down, probably at Berger Blanc, where it is cheaper.

At one point, the kitten 'somehow' got trapped between the inner and outer doors and almost froze to death. Again, probably no accident. This is her second go-round, the first one was put down at five months; she intends to go for a third. She will not be dissuaded.

I told him to offer her money, that I would pay. I hope this bitch is greedy, it is the kitten's only hope.
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Let us know if we can help Badger. Have I mentioned I despise some people!
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Badger, is the same lady I took her five month old kitten from in the summer time? The poor thing was declawed on four paws and she was going to put it to sleep because it was too affectionate and drove her crazy? If it is, lets hope she surrenders the kitten again to the vet and maybe we can save it.
Old March 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Couldn't be, because that one was euthanized. As will this one, unless I go up there and shoot her first. J/K but I may be mad enough.
Old March 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Sigh

Badger,

A medical case I can't handle right now, but I certainly can find room for an abuse case. She is declawed already and only 4 months old? How awful.

Lisa
Old March 20th, 2006, 05:07 PM
cat slave

sigh....why do i even bother reading threads like this??

I wonder why some people are so hateful of such little defenseless beings. Poor kitten.

:sad:
I'm going to go hug my kitties now.

badger, please save this kitten.
Old March 20th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Don't mean to "badger" you but any news on the kitten? I can't stop worrying about her. How can people be so stupid and so cruel? Anyway, we can find a spot for her.

Lisa.
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

The vet's office tried to contact her but she isn't there or isn't answering her phone. So it seems likely that the deed is done. They are going to report her to the SPCA, but beyond a good scare, I'm not sure how anyone can stop her from going out and doing it again.
I wondered if it would help if I contacted her myself, but they can't give me her number for legal reasons, which I understand.
I misspoke earlier, the kitten had blood in its urine and they reckoned it was from abuse.
I wish this woman an even unhappier life than she obviously already has.
Thanks for your concern, everyone, and your offers of help.
Merde.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM
cat slave

i'm not taking this out on you, but whatever bad life she has she's a low LOW disgusting being for taking frustration on another living creature, and there is absolutely no excuse for what she's doing.

I can't help thinking that she only buys pets as a punching bag.She needs serious help. And for all it's worth, those poor creatures are better off in pet heaven than to live with such a person.
Too bad they didn't get a better chance with someone else :sad:

at least your tried badger. Hopefully the vet can get a hold of her and save the cat.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:20 AM

Darn

Well, Badger, you really tried. I admire you for stepping in and up. If by any off chance, she does contact the vet, let me know. I would be glad to take her. I hope no other abuse cases ever come along, but if so, I can always find a spot that cat.

Lisa.
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

I knew I should not have read this
No matter what her mental state is,the kittens pain and suffering is unforgivable,I'd help beating her up!!
This is another testimony against"Kittens free to good home"
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=poodletalk]Badger, is the same lady I took her five month old kitten from in the summer time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk
The poor thing was declawed on four paws and she was going to put it to sleep because it was too affectionate and drove her crazy? If it is, lets hope she surrenders the kitten again to the vet and maybe we can save it.
All four de-clawed?? And sentenced to death for being TOO affectionate? OMG..I am speechless. No words to describe that kind of evil! Must be a sister to the one above. Has to be
Old March 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, the kitten was scheduled to be euthanised but Badger and I saved it. The kitten "Lucky" now lives in a beautiful home with another cat. I see him every morning when I walk my dog, he looks sitting in their sunporch looking out the window at me.
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:41 PM
Senior Contributor

MOG, like the rest of you, I feel heartbrken to read anything like this. I got upset the one time I cut to the quick when I was doing YY's nails - I hugged for the rest of the evening and felt so guilty - some ppl shoot be shot (and I am not pro capital punishment but ppl who hurt or kill kids and animals, I don't know...)

I would just like to whack this woman!! (I have never watched the Supranos but I hear the ads on CNN and she sounds like soneone who needs a contract taken out on, Gawd, this makes me so angry! Sge declaws er maimes the poor kitten and then she wonders why it might bite her (if the kitten even did but so many poor declawed kitties become biters, what else do they have to fight with - we really need outlaw declawing like every other sane couyntry (except the US which like us does this hoorid thing) but she just sound like a mean sick woman!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Old March 22nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
cat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk
Yes, the kitten was scheduled to be euthanised but Badger and I saved it. The kitten "Lucky" now lives in a beautiful home with another cat. I see him every morning when I walk my dog, he looks sitting in their sunporch looking out the window at me.

oh i am SO VERY glad!! Her life will be much better from now on :love: