Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 29th, 2004, 05:47 PM

Animals And Spiders

I have now fond another complication with my cat. Becaue the weather is dropping, spiders start coming into the house. Within the last two day I have caught mrs. norris playing with 4 spiders, two of which looked like baby black widows (we have a heavy population of black widows in the area). I am scared to death. I am a student and cannot afford for exterminators nor would I have a place for me and mrs norris to go while the house is fumigated. Even If I treated the outside and inside with pesticides I wouldn't have anywhere to take mrs. norris meanwhile.
Is there any tricks on making cats not want to pounce on spiders? (kinda asking for a miracle huh?) I mean she just sees a spiders and starts meowing and purring. Then she gets mad at me when I kill the spider. But I can't watch her all day long. What do you all suggest?
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Well, if you have black widows in your home, you must get rid of them not only for your cat, but for you as well. There is no way to make your cat stop hunting them.

If you can't afford an exterminator, I suggest you go to a garden center or big hardware store, and find some spider killing spray that is the least harmful to other life forms.

Lock your cat in the bathroom, and spray all around your doors and windows, inside and out. Follow the instructions on the product to the letter.

Hopefully this will get rid of them.

EWWW spiders!