Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 29th, 2004, 09:08 AM
<-----nut ball

letter problems

I was just wondering if anyone had ever had problems getting a "letter of intent" from a vet, or a "letter of permission" from their landlord?

I called the vet I want to use and the secretary said she doesn't do letters. And I spoke with my landlord about a letter stating I have permission for large dogs, and she said she doesn't have time, and she doesn't care what type of animal I have.

It does say in our lease that all animals are allowed, we just have to register them after we get them with the building.

Should I look for a different vet who will give a letter?

Thanks
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Maybe you could write up a short letter for your landlord, saying that you may have pets in your home. Then you could just get the landlord to read it and sign it. I don't imagine anyone is so busy they can't sign their name.
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

What is the letter for?.....If it is for adopting a animal....the shelter just called my vet.
also just supply copy of lease to shelter and highlight that animals are permitted
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:03 AM
<-----nut ball

It's just something that I needed for several applications. So far i was turned down by one because the landlord won't write a letter, and another won't consider my app without a vet letter.

I never see my landlord because she's more the "building manager" and only there while I am at work. She's kinda lazy in my opinion. Our lease does say animals are permitted. I will copy that and see what they say.

It was one of the Dane rescues that denied my app without a letter from my landlord. No biggy. I can't force her to do it.
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Senior Contributor

I am assumming that you have never had animals.....and that the "letter of intent" is supposed to be proof that you have a vet lined up? Sounds weird to me.

Like lucky said maybe compose the letters yourself (asking the rescue what needs to be in the letter!)

or ....just call the rescue and discuse the problem you are having and see if any other routes can be explored or if you did compose one yourself....what it should have in it and if it would be acceptable

or .....try another rescue
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:20 AM
<-----nut ball

Yeah. We have never had animals before, hence the letter of intent.

I already spoke with the Dane rescue and they said for legal purposes, they cannot consider an application without a letter. Oh well. I will ask them what they need it to say, and see if my landlord will sign it.

This is just one of the many rescues I am completing applications for, so no worries if it does't work out. I'm actually starting getting used to being rejected...
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

I would find a vet who is willing to accept you as a client and possibly they can write you a letter.

Good Luck!!
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM
<-----nut ball

Oh. This is a vet that is taking on "new patients" but it's just their policy that they don't do "letter of intent" letters. THey are a really nice clinic, but I guess maybe they got overloaded by a lot of requests for these?? It's the closest vet to me and I want to use them, not someone else.

Anyway, the application that the vet letter was for was for a dog I just got an e-mail about that she was adopted already. She was only put on petfinder today and she's already gone.