Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old July 18th, 2016, 01:50 AM

That was so v beautiful. Ty for sharing!
Old July 18th, 2016, 03:20 AM

So sorry for your loss I know how you feeling stay strong.
Old August 12th, 2018, 08:19 PM

A few days ago I was faced with the hardest and painful choice I have ever had to make ..

My beloved Blau had to be put down . His kidneys completely failed . He was 13 years old . I remember him when he was kitten , he was more then a handful (Siamese seal point ) . He was the runt of the litter and only 6 weeks old when his mother passed . He was in need of a home . We went on my adventures together and a few of his own . He was kitty nap at one time , but I was able to get him back . He never left my side even when I was really down he would show even more affection . He loved being out doors playing in the back yard or doing his favorite laying in the sun with biggest smile I have ever seen soaking up the sun rays . I was amazed how fast he too took to a harness and leash and love going for walks never leaving my side . A lot of weird looks from folks . Not something seen very often .

Blau was more then just part of the family he was my soulmate . Being single I spent my time with him rather then people and the bond we developed was unbreakable . He didn't not like other cats , but like playing with dogs and an excellent messzer ! He also understood German which surprised me . I miss our conversations and arguments which he would win in the end . It will take me some time to finally let go and I'm honored that he was an important part of my life and we will be together again at Rainbow Bridge.
Old August 13th, 2018, 03:09 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

My deepest condolences to you on the loss of Blau.
It sounds like you had an amazing life together though. It's so hard now but it does get easier.

sweet Blau
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So sorry for your loss Blau sounds like a very special little guy! I know he's left a big hole in your heart--I hope happy memories ease the pain soon.

Blau

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:52 PM
banned user

To be honest, I don't think that everything becomes easier. Pain from loosing friend will never pass
Old July 27th, 2021, 12:04 AM
banned user

my heart is still in pain every time I remember him.
Old March 27th, 2022, 07:58 AM

Loss Vs Life

I recently lost my Dutch Shepherd of 10 years in January/22. We invested A LOT of blood and tears in this guy. He was reactive so yes, blood. He bit me so many times, he broke my hand, but I never gave up. He even went to a behaviourist who told me it was the breeder, not our fault. She said he’s not the first dog she’s had from this breeder. Sadly, he became the BEST dog ever the last two years of his life. The silence in the house was deafening. We embarked on a new adventure and got two different pups from two breeders. They love each other to pieces. Hope that love is forever. It eased the pain from losing Shiloh and we still talk about him. It does get easier with time.
Attached Images

Old March 27th, 2022, 08:29 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry about Shiloh, Terrie. We had a similar situation with our first setter--both with the biting and then with the mellowing into the best dog as he got older. The loss seems harder somehow when they've been a handful and then come around through your hard work and patience. We never get enough time with them. Bless you for sticking with Shiloh and giving him such a good life! I know how difficult, and eventually rewarding, that was.

And congratulations on your new little ones! Are they both shepherds, as well? I hope you'll share them with us!

Shiloh

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 27th, 2022, 03:02 PM

Shiloh 11/11/11 - 1/8/22

He lives on in our hearts.
Attached Images

Old March 28th, 2022, 08:09 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Such a handsome fella!

Old October 26th, 2022, 09:20 AM

Shaker Passed away

Hi I know it has been a long time since I have been on here just want to say hello to everyone.
It has never been mentioned here before that I had a Dog after Buddy passed.
In 2007 I had my dog Shaker ,a golden beautiful boy.
We had many many many years of great times but the last six months he was sick and had arthritis ,I was taking care of him at home since I work from home.

I did the best I could for the past six months ,but yesterday my boy who just turned 15 Oct 19 2022 passed away Oct 25 2022.

I was in shock yesterday and today the grief is incredible , i am having an extreme hard time .I can't eat and have slept 9 hours in 3 days.

I feel guilty that he was in pain and even though he passed at home I was not with him but in another room partial asleep,he had some rough last hours and I feel like I was mean to him but I was never mean.
I am all screwed up ,it is soo hard, he was my best friend.
Old October 27th, 2022, 08:16 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm so sorry to hear about Shaker, budboy. It's never easy to lose them, especially when they've been with you so long.

I've always looked at our time with our dogs as (to borrow a phrase) "Excellence on loan from God", and eventually, God calls in the loan. While the loan is active, though, you reap the benefits--love, companionship, joy, and, yes, even sorrow that touches your heart. But ask yourself if you'd give up a moment of it? Every second is a blessing and changes you for the better.

The end is always hard, but you do your best and give it over to God. So don't second guess yourself on the end game--concentrate on all the blessings Shaker shared with you throughout his long life.

He was a very lucky boy to have had you! 15 years!! Job well done, budboybudboy77.

Shaker

Old October 27th, 2022, 09:39 AM

Thank You HazelRunPack,
Thanks for everything you said.
I am having such a hard time ,he was such a good boy,I keep thinkling about things we might have done wrong but also knew that his time was near,still not easy.
I don't know what I will do without him, I woke up this morning thinking about bringing him outside and carrying him down the stairs to help him since he had a hard time sometimes, I cried for minutes instead.
Old October 28th, 2022, 08:27 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

It does get better. Grief is hard but eventually, the happier memories will start to make you smile. In the meanwhile, be kind to yourself.

Old October 28th, 2022, 09:34 AM

Thank You I'll try.