Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww it sure does look like she has settled in . How is Tabitha doing?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Winston,she's just adorable,no inhibitions for sure
her coloring is just yummy sooo choclatty
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chico your right no inhibitions here!

L4H things with Tabitha are going?? well not so sure. Sophie appears to just want to play with Tabitha but Tabitha doesnt want to play. Sophie will play bow and yip and make these funny noises at her. The bad thing is she chases and stalks Tabitha. So Tabitha has been spending most of her time upstairs in the house because Sophie is blocked from that area. The other day I was a little worried because Sophie is so fast she actually pounced on Tabitha. Tabitha got away but was really mad.

Now Tabitha seems to also taunt Sophie by walking by her on her bed and when she does get chased she comes back for more. All the while she is hissing and meowing??

We are being really cautious of Sophie as well because she does make nipping motions towards Tabitha. We have been on it all the time and correcting it but it seems that Sophie either has a short attention span or she really wants to play? So for now close monitoring of the situation and I am praying it gets better, because Tabitha is going to be 16 soon and I dont want her life changing too much because of getting another dog.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
I think my llittle girl has settled in nicley! she sleeps like this ALL THE TIME!
Penny wants Sophie to know that she needs to practice twisting her head and shoulders to the left and her rump more to the right and she'll have the Labby Yoga down pat in no time .

What a little darling !
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Now Tabitha seems to also taunt Sophie by walking by her on her bed and when she does get chased she comes back for more. All the while she is hissing and meowing??
Now that does seem like a cat, doesn't it ? If Tabitha is going close to Sophie, she's not too bothered by her, but I do understand you being concerned about Tabitha because of her age.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I do worry for her and because she has always had issues with innappropriate urination and I dont want that to start up again. Having said all of that last night DH and I were looking at something on the computer and low and behold we came back in the Living room to find this so I am totally baffled??
Attached Images

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh that is wonderful How that must have made your heart sing.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old January 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Winston, I think that looks very promising! It's pretty sure that Tabitha wouldn't be laying there if she wasn't comfortable with it.
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's a great pic, Winston! I'm so glad Tabitha is giving the little upstart a chance! I see she's still keeping an eye on her, but what a great sight to see them sharing the couch!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Well I finally have time to post an update on my baby girl! Boy she has kept me busy!

Between my knee, DH and a new pup the word exhaustion comes to mind.

Actually she has settled in well. She makes us both laugh everyday. She can be a handful at times but that is the puppy stage.

She has lost so many teeth its not funny but all of her pearly whites are coming in nicely. I have lots of teefy marks to prove it.

We had some issues with food but for now i have rectified the problem. She was being fed Nutro Lamb and Rice when she came. I decided to put her on orijen puppy as I had great success with Winston on that food. Well it must be too rich for her because she had the runs pretty bad. I even mixed it heavily with what she was being fed but still no luck. So i have switched her back for now to her origional brand and all is back to normal in the poop deptartment.

She knows sit perfectly. We are working on down. Dh taught her to shake a paw and to "look at me" which she does perfectly. She is so so with "come" because all puppy's have selective hearing!

I am thinking that she would be great in something like agility because she is super fast! but we will see once I have her into an obediance class to see how she does.

She is wonderful in the crate and sleeps without making a peep.

I taught her to go to the door when she wants to go outside and she knows that 100%. Last week a friend dropped by a gift for Sophie and it included bells for the door. So she now knows to ring the bell at the door to go outside!!

There is one thing about Sophie we just cant beleive because we have never owned a dog like her but she is FOOD MOTIVATED OMG! she can jump six feet up in the air to take something out of your hand!

Her big problem is Tabitha and that just seems to be a work in progress because she just doesnt get it that Tabitha doesnt want to play

Well thats about it for now!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sounds like it's going well!!! I'm tellin' ya, Cindy, bicycle gloves will help till she's done teething!

Does Tabitha box at Sophie when Sophie wants to play?

And how is your knee coming along? Not so itchy anymore, I hope

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."