Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Information on Bishonpoo

I wanted to know if you have had a Bishonpoo. What was your experience? I have a Bishonpoo and would like to know the pet owners experience with this type of breed.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM

Hi Mary ..... I live with my daughter who has a Bichon/Poodle mix, and since my daughter works, and I am retired, he spends a lot of time with my Golden and myself.

Harley weighs about 9.5 lbs, but thinks he is a big dog, and having lived in the house with a Berner, a Leo and the Golden, he backs down from none of them. The largest dogs did not like him from the outset, but he persevered, and finally became best buds with the Leonberger - even sleeping on top of her and sometimes sliding off.

He does not bark excessively, loves every dog he meets on our walks, and all in all, I would have to say he is an absolute joy.

Take care,
Pat
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Some people think my dog Marty is a Bishonpoo . He is white and has a little tan on his ears and tail. He has health issues that are prone in small dogs and small white dogs. He has trick knees and get crystals in his urine. He smart and very laid back at home but when he goes for walks he get very excited about seeing other dogs and bark out of joy. And I am nuts about him.

I have photo of him on my account . My daughter tried to post his photo on a thread but we did not know how to do it.
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM

I think it's hard to make a general answer to that question. Personally none of people I know have bishonpoo, but I know two people who have bichons. While both of them are cute, one is your typical, calm dog, that have absolutely no problem with new people and would never get further than a meter from it's owner, the other one is a complete little devil, barking at everyone and protecting the owners even from their friends or other dogs that are just passing by. So I think in this case, it's more about a specific dog and its personality (and training of course) than anything else. + of course you have to count in also the sex of the dog.

Tags
bishonpoo, breed, dog, experience