Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old September 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I am filled with sadness at the loss of my true friend

LUCKY
1988- SEPT27, 2007

I am so sorry you had to go in so much pain,
If I could have one wish, that would be that you
could have gone peacefully. I hope you don’t remember
those last painful moments, but the other 19 years we had together

It’s so hard to say good-bye, you have always been here.
It’s so empty and quiet without you.
There is a huge place missing in my heart.

You were the most brave, fearless, regal cat I have ever met
You stood up to everyone and everything, you feared nothing, you had the
Courage of a lion, you had an amazing personality, with lots of attitude, but that’s why I love you so much, and why I chose you over all the rest.
I saw through all of that, to the soft sweet marshmallow that you could be
full of love and purrs!

You were the best friend I ever had, you were with me though everything,
I went through some pretty bad times, sometimes even wishing death but you always seemed to know, and would be right there giving me reason to carry on.

I hope that I gave you just a fraction of what you gave me, you gave me so much, and I thank you and love you for that.

I love you, I miss you, I hope you can forgive me for the pain you went through

Until we meet again buddy.

__________________________________________________ _____________

There is a place not so far away, where I know my sweet boy went to live and play, rainbow bridge is where it is, where Lucky went to go and live.

He no longer feels pain, running free, a kittren again, where his belly is always satisfied, where he's an angel free to fly.

Lucky, will forever run free, to feel the gentle sweet smelling breeze, where the catnip grows as big as trees, and with mice aplenty to catch with ease.

He will have many other cats with which to play, and snooze in the sun on on a warm summer day.

When Lucky gets lonely or afraid, he can always look down to see his Mommy, Daddy and siblings each day, to make him feel happy,loved and brave and to see their memories of him will never fade.

Have fun at rainbow bridge sweet Lucky, you have many who have went before you ,to take good care of you, until I get there. Hugs and kisses sweet guy,

Love Mommy

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~

Last edited by happycats; September 27th, 2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Such a lovely tribute, happycats. I am so sorry for your loss. :sad:

Lucky was indeed very lucky--lucky to have had you. He carries your love with you and will be waiting for you at the Bridge.

Lucky

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

I send you my deepest condolences happycats.
I am so sorry for your loss and completely understand your pain.

Lucky was so lucky to have you - and you were lucky too.

I know full well what an impossibly sad day this for you, but we are all here to listen and grieve with you and shed some tears with you as well.

Sincerest condolences again,

Marko
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Half Way To Crazy

I am sooooo sorry Happycats. I wish I could say more to make the emptyness and the sadness lessen..

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Papa D

i'm sorry for your loss happycats.
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Remembering Lukka

happycats how very sad for you to have to say goodbye to your best friend. Some would say 19 years is a long time, but for the one left behind 19 years just isn't long enough.
I'm so very sorry for your loss
May Lucky rest in peace
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
-

I am so sorry happycats :sad: I do understand , Daisy left me a year ago today .... Lucky was very lucky to have been with you , that's why he stayed for 19 years I say. He is now over the rainbow bridge, watching over you.
Old September 28th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Thank you all so much, and I love that pic lukka'sma!
It's so hard, I know 19 years is a long time, and I knew it was coming, but the way he died was awful, and I couldn't get him to the vets fast enough.
I just wish he could have gone peacefully. Poor sweet guy.

I just want to say I am sorry I have not replied on recent losses of other pets, it was just to heartbreaking, and would leave me crying like a baby (and that's not so good at work) because I knew that Lucky's time was coming, and not reading those threads let me live in denial and enjoy the remainder of Lucky's life.
So to all who have lost a loved one, I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel, and my condolences to all.

To all of our departed furry loved ones they are all playing together in Rainbow bridge.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old September 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry for your loss, happycats. for you. Lucky lived a long and happy life with you. He is now running free and is in no pain.

Lucky.
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Happycats,I don't really know what to say,my tears are flowing for you and I fully understand how you feel.
Like you,I have had a many cats,but there is always this very special one,in my case Rocky,who tugs at your heartstrings more than any other.
I hope through your grieving and loss,you will remember Lucky had 19 wonderful years,full of love and caring,a very lucky kitty.Lucky
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Happycat, I am so sorry for your loss. It's such a helpless feeling when you lose such a special friend. Cherish all of your 19 years together. Remember the love he gave you and the funny moments. Believe you will meet again.

My Condolences to you and you family
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss of Lucky, God speed little one
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Thank you so much everyone, just coming here and posting, and reading all the thoughtful replies makes it easier.

Yes I have had 6 cats of my own, and I know You are suppose to love them all equally, but Lucky held a special place in my heart. He was an exceptional cat, and I have never met another cat quite like him.

He was so smart, and fearless, he could back the biggest meanest dog right into a corner! He taught children to "respect" cats, by giving them well deserved butt kickings!

He was always able to express his feelings very well with his actions,better then any pet I ever met. If we left him to long, he would ransack our house, even knock picture off the wall, empty the pantry onto the floor, and even knock every glass out of the glass cupboard, and how you say, did we know it was him? He would be sitting and waiting for us IN the cleared out glass cupboard, with a big scowl on his face (man if he could have talked!)

He hated the ring of our phone when we first got him (it was one of those lovely olive green wall hanging ones) and if you let it ring to long he would jump up and knock it off the hook!

He would raid the fridge when we were at work, and even managed to turn the stereo on once! He could turn lights off and on (it was a pain when he decided to turn the bedroom light on at 3:00 am) but funny none the less.

He scared the jahova whitnesses (sp) away (sorry if I offend anyone of that demonination) by diving at the screen door when they knocked and hissed and growled at them!! They ran off my porch and never came back ( I guess it didn't help that I was playing "hell's bell's" very loud at the time!

I have so many more stories to tell (19 years worth) and to think he was at the pound as a stray that no one ever claimed!! Oh well I am so glad they never did because it was certainly their loss, and my and my families gain

It's so hard to see my avatar, because it looks so much like him, many people who met him called him a baby panther.

Sorry to be so long winded, but telling these stories keeps him alive in a small way

Old September 28th, 2007, 07:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
Sorry to be so long winded, but telling these stories keeps him alive in a small way
No no no , don't be sorry. That's what we're here for. And it does make it better , to talk about them , to remember the good things. He sure sounded like a very special cat !
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
No no no , don't be sorry. That's what we're here for. And it does make it better , to talk about them , to remember the good things. He sure sounded like a very special cat !

Aww thank you so much Frenchy!

Yes he was very special!

He knew who loved him, and for those cat haters or people with allergies who met him.....sometimes..LOL he would jump right up on their laps and go face to face with them! It was so funny, becuause he KNEW if someone hated him, and would deliberately stick his face in theirs like he was saying "look I'm standing on you! so what you gonna do about it!" Sometimes I would have to put him in the bedroom, because he caused 2 people to have an asthma attack!! And was darn proud of it!

Old September 28th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Contributor

My most sincere condolences to you for having to say goodbye to such a special friend. It's a most profound pain to have to go through, that's for sure. I also know too well that feeling of not being able to get them to the vet fast enough in those last moments, but there will come a time when you're able to focus mostly on how much more enriched your life was for knowing that precious soul. Peace to you and your family.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
-

I'm so very sorry for your loss. happy cats but what a wonderful thing that you crossed one another's paths and went on to have nineteen wonderful (and wicked!) years together. You must have so many memories to hold dear to your heart.
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
-

I am so sorry to hear about Lucky. My deepest condolences for your loss. He will always leave pawprints on your heart.
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:02 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about Lucky. My deepest condolences. He sounds like my Mookie who I lost last year. She too was quite old and I always thought she would pass away in her sleep, but age got to her and her body started to fail her. Lucky and Mookie's personalities sound so similar. But no matter how much they could be little holy terrors, we loved them. And when you've had them for so long, how could you not!
Old September 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Lucky sounds like he was quite the cool cat. Condolences. May he rest in peace.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Lucky sounds like such a special cat, the kind that I am attracted to. Once again so sorry for your loss. .

Would love to hear more stories about Lucky.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:07 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Thank you so much to everyone, for making this easier! I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the wonderful people of this board to turn too.

You all seem to understand what I am going through, and for that I thank you all!!

To a great bunch of animal lovers

I'm sure Lucky thanks you too!

I hope to add his pic to this thread, so yo can all see what a beauty he was.

Old October 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Happycats,I would love to see a pic of Lucky,he sounds like a wonderful cat
I am glad we could be of some help,where others might not understand your grief,maybe having the'it's just a cat attitude',I am sure all of us understand and sympathize,most of us have been down that very difficult road.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Doggie Wench

Happycats. So sorry for your loss.
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Live well, laugh often

That was a lovely tribute happycats. I am so sorry for your loss .
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM
~Cat Servent~

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Awwwww, Thanks again everyone! You have made the greiving process much more bearable.

I miss him so much, and still look for him everyday when I come home, and wait for him to greet me good morning when I get up.

Is is normal to feel guilty for lavishing my others with affection? I find myself feeling guilty, like it's not fair that Lucky isn't getting any attention too?

Old October 4th, 2007, 11:20 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
like it's not fair that Lucky isn't getting any attention too?
But he is , you think about him all the time. And anyway , he is way too busy playing with the others at rainbow bridge.
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Geek Club CEO

Hi happycats, sorry I missed this thread.

Thank you for sharing all those wonderful stories with us, it sounds like he was a wonderful friend and lucky to have you for a mom!
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:03 AM

Awe HC, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your furbaby.

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999