Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old April 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Roxy eating honeys food!!

So now roxy is starting to eat honesy food,they eat different foods,so i dont want her doing this,i have to go in our room and get down like im eating her food,pet her then she will start eating.This isnt all the time but its happening,not sure how to stop..We all tell her roxy no when she is doing it and she knows cause she stops,but 10 minutes later shes back at her bwol..Any ideas,,
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I don't think you will be able to stop it unless you take away Honey's food as soon as she is done eating or keep Honey's food locked in a room.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ah Roxy. Still pushing boundaries. Testing her limits. What a gal!!
What exactly is the reason you do not want Roxy eating Honey's food? Is it because it's Honey's? Or is it the type of food?
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Senior Contributor

It is because they eat different kinds,roxy eats wellness and honey eats,well befor everyone flips out let me save u from doing that,my mom has always fed her cats this stuff and they have lived long healthy lives and mom is not gonna change brands does not have the money to do that,it is purina..Roxy eats wellness.Cant put away honeys food mom free feeds her and i wouldnt ask her to do that it is her house and honeys..So if i cant stop it,i guess question is is it really even that big of a deal.
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:15 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

No flip out here mf. I completely understand not being able to feed your kitties the best that is available. Sometimes your budget just does not allow for it. Your mom feeds the other ones outside too. I give her props for that.
How about moving Honey's food into her safe zone? Your mom's bedroom? Is that doable? If Roxy is not allowed into the room then it is the only viable thing you can do.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Kitty pimp

is roxy just nibbles at it like du does with the purina i give manda no big worry
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Well that was honeys safe zone,last night i see rox go in there and never come out so i go in and now honey is sitting on the floor and rox is in her bed looking at her,used to be the other way around..And no we dont want honey in her room with door shut,no more cats locked in rooms for us.And im sure she is eating some when we arent here to,so i think it is just gonna be something that she is gonna do..Couldnt believe she was in honeys bed last night i about died,she has just taken over....