Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 14th, 2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
Do you think you will get another cat
eventually? There are so many cats waiting for
a forever home
I love cats, but I'm just not thinking of another one right now. I do believe there will be another one in my life some special day, though.

Her Memorial Thread
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=88590
Old April 15th, 2019, 10:11 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Aw, another sweet picture! She was definitely a looker!

It's a hard decision to get another cat, especially after such a relatively short time, but I'm glad you're at least keeping that option open. You certainly were a loving owner to Lady G. Any kitty you adopt in the future will be so very lucky!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 15th, 2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Aw, another sweet picture! She was definitely a looker!

It's a hard decision to get another cat, especially after such a relatively short time, but I'm glad you're at least keeping that option open. You certainly were a loving owner to Lady G. Any kitty you adopt in the future will be so very lucky!
Thank you very much for the kind words. I really do appreciate it.

Her Memorial Thread
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:29 AM

Thinking of you on this beautiful Easter day, Lady G. I love you and miss you very much!

Her Memorial Thread
Old May 14th, 2019, 07:21 PM

Four months ago today, you were taken from me. And it’s been a hard four months without you, Lady G. I've kept a few things the same around here for you. I still have the window screen up to where it was the last time you came through my window. I still even open the window for you every night I am home. I still keep that chair up next to the 4-wheeler so it’s easier for you to get up and down at my window. I still have that old chair at the back of the boat that made it easier for you to get in and out of. I still have your cat food, too, but plan to give it to the lady that you belonged to first. It’s just hard to give away something that was yours. I know you wouldn't mind, I've just got to bring myself to do it. Plus, we'd be helping her cat that you were friends with.

Lastly, on May 4th, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Rose bushes for you (one on each side of your grave). I am praying for them to grow successfully and produce tons of beautiful flowers for us, and hope they'll do so forever. You certainly deserve a beautiful grave site, punkin.

I love you Lady G.

Her Memorial Thread
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a lovely memorial of her at the gravesite, Jeffrey!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
What a lovely memorial of her at the gravesite, Jeffrey!
Thank you very much, hazelrunpack.

Her Memorial Thread
Old June 14th, 2019, 09:19 PM

Name:  Rose.jpg
Views: 10358
Size:  100.4 KB

Five months ago today, my dear Lady G. lost her life. I buried my little girl in my backyard, in front of a huge live oak tree. I knew that when the weather warmed up, I was going to try and make it look better around her gravesite. For all the love that she had shown me through the years, for all the smiles she put on my face, for all the times she made me laugh, and for all the wonderful memories she has given me, she deserves a beautiful resting place.

Back on May 4th, and after the weather had warmed up, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Roses next to her grave. And I am happy to report that the roses look to be growing very well, and have already produced several beautiful roses on each bush, with a few new buds now starting to develop again. I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when the first tiny green rose buds appeared on those rose bushes. And the excitement level kicked up a notch when I started seeing a small amount of red peeking through them. Several days had passed by, and then one morning I woke up and looked out the window and saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen- a tiny, red rose. All from the first rose bush I've ever planted. In a location I was told they would never grow. The next morning I got up and looked out the window at her gravesite, as I do every morning, and I be darn if there wasn't another tiny rose on display. And for the next few days or so, a few more roses appeared (seven total). By the way, that's a picture of one of my roses at top. Y’all have no idea how happy this has made me for Lady G.

On June 4, I bought a 1-gallon Pink Double Knock Out Rose, and planted it between the first two red rose bushes. So far, it seems to be growing well. And I do see some buds starting to develop on it. I'm very excited and can’t wait to see some beautiful pink roses appear. Lady G. had a pink nose, so I knew I had to plant some pink roses, too. Of course, I still want to plant some white flowers at some point, to match her white fur.

Today, June 14, 2019, I planted some grass seed out there. I hope it will come up and grow nicely for her. It was mostly dirt out there, with a few patches of grass and weeds, so hopefully it will start looking a whole lot better out there before long.

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed myself being out there around her, doing all of this for her. I even told her she was going to have to help me grow things, because I needed all the help I could get. I don’t know much about flowers or how to go about growing and taking care of them, but I've been reading a lot of articles and watching videos, trying to learn all I can. No doubt that helped me with the roses. Our work is not done yet, though. I may not succeed in the long run, but I am certainly going to try. I must do so for her.

I miss you dearly, Lady G. Love you, punkins!

If interested, you may go and read the threads about my roses over at the gardening forums in the links below.

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/d...0/#post-377460

https://davesgarden.com/community/fo...#post_10428503

https://garden.org/thread/view/10730...With-My-Roses/

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/h...2/#post-377328

Her Memorial Thread
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

So gorgeous, Jeffrey! I've never ever had any luck with roses so I'm truly impressed with your beautiful blooms! Such a wonderful tribute to your girl!

Old June 15th, 2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
So gorgeous, Jeffrey! I've never ever had any luck with roses so I'm truly impressed with your beautiful blooms! Such a wonderful tribute to your girl!
Thank you very much! It's a miracle I didn't plant them upside down!

Her Memorial Thread
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

That's a lovely tribute, they are beautiful.
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
That's a lovely tribute, they are beautiful.
Thank you very much, Longblades.

Her Memorial Thread
Old July 14th, 2019, 07:34 AM

6 long months ago today, my sweet little girl was taken away. It’s been miserable without her by my side. I miss her like crazy.

I love you dearly, Dooders!

Her Memorial Thread
Old July 14th, 2019, 04:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The time passes so quickly. How are her flowers doing?

Old July 14th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Jeffery in the USA
Lady G was a beautiful gal. Jeffery your Roses brought some tears to my eyes thinking of your gal. I planted some white Roses in 1999.. My Dad passed away the later part of summer of 1999. On the day he passed my roses bloomed. I was fortunate enough to have 3 gorgeous blooms on the day he died and they were the first and the last for some reason. The rose bush died and never bloomed again. I was blessed to bury him with those 3 gorgeous roses. They were full , white and absolutely beautiful.
I am sure Lady G is looking down very proud of you and never forgetting her memory.
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 15th, 2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
The time passes so quickly. How are her flowers doing?
Her roses seem to be doing very well, and each bush has produced a lot of roses so far. There are tiny buds on them now that will soon bloom. I am very thrilled about that. I pray they continue to be healthy and produce beautiful roses for as long as the earth exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Jeffery in the USA
Lady G was a beautiful gal. Jeffery your Roses brought some tears to my eyes thinking of your gal. I planted some white Roses in 1999.. My Dad passed away the later part of summer of 1999. On the day he passed my roses bloomed. I was fortunate enough to have 3 gorgeous blooms on the day he died and they were the first and the last for some reason. The rose bush died and never bloomed again. I was blessed to bury him with those 3 gorgeous roses. They were full , white and absolutely beautiful.
I am sure Lady G is looking down very proud of you and never forgetting her memory.
Cindy
Awww, thank you very much for the kind words, Cindy. Even though it has been many years ago, I am truly sorry to hear about your father. It's awesome that you were able to place some beautiful roses n his grave that you grew yourself. You will never forget that. My father means the world to me. He and I have gotten along our entire lives. We're best friends. He is having some health issues now, in fact, we just came home yesterday from a weeks stay in the hospital. I was actually still there when I posted here yesterday. Praying he gets better soon. I love him dearly!

Again, thank you two very much.

Her Memorial Thread
Old July 16th, 2019, 09:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Praying your Dad is better soon, Jeffrey. Sounds like you two have a very special relationship.

Old July 16th, 2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Praying your Dad is better soon, Jeffrey. Sounds like you two have a very special relationship.
I really appreciate that. Thank you very much.

Her Memorial Thread
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:44 PM

Now 7 long, hard months without my sweet, little girl. Been looking at some of her videos and pictures. She was so much fun, y'all. I know I keep repeating myself, but she was such a precious little soul. Lord is my witness, I think of her every single day. She was the best!

Here's another short video of her. She loved hanging out in those azalea bushes, on that porch, or at the base of that oak tree. She had her special spots she liked to get away to when she wanted to rest. You'll hear me calling her a few of the crazy nicknames I called her.

https://youtu.be/QS1qx4v2MbI

LOL She was tired in the picture below, but I kept pestering her by taking pictures. She was so much fun.

Name:  Lady G. (January 10, 2017) (3).jpg
Views: 7816
Size:  194.7 KB

I love you Lady G.! Missing you like crazy, punkin!

Her Memorial Thread
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm so glad your memories are giving you some smiles these days!

Loved the video! I'm impressed--she actually came to you when called! What a good girl! And what a testimony to your relationship!

Old August 14th, 2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad your memories are giving you some smiles these days!

Loved the video! I'm impressed--she actually came to you when called! What a good girl! And what a testimony to your relationship!
Thanks, hazelrunpack. Most of the time when I would go outside, or come home, she would hear or see me and come running to me without ever needing to call for her. And gosh, I miss that so much. She knew I loved her dearly, and she made me feel just as special. She followed me all over the place.

Thanks again.

Her Memorial Thread
Old September 14th, 2019, 09:36 AM

8 long months without her. She's dearly missed! Dearly loved!

Her Memorial Thread
Old September 14th, 2019, 05:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Old September 14th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

How are your Roses doing Jeffrey in the USA...

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 14th, 2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post

How are your Roses doing Jeffrey in the USA...

Cindy
Thank you. Roses seem to be doing well. It has been extremely hot here for over 2 months, but still growing roses. Had 3 pink roses bloom within a week recently. Haven't had any red roses bloom in over a month.

Thanks again, y'all.

Her Memorial Thread
Old October 14th, 2019, 02:15 PM

9 long months without Lady G. Here's another video of her being all silly. She was so much fun. Man, I miss her so much!

https://youtu.be/a7mgnjUVwyo

Her Memorial Thread
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey In USA View Post
9 long months without Lady G. Here's another video of her being all silly. She was so much fun.
Modeling her new line of lacy lingerie! Super model!

Old October 14th, 2019, 06:48 PM

Talking

Quote:
Modeling her new line of lacy lingerie! Super model!

Girlfriend was prancing around like she was walking on a "catwalk"!

She was the best, hazelrunpack!

Her Memorial Thread
Old October 31st, 2019, 03:00 PM

BOO! Happy Halloween, Lady G.

Name:  Lady G. (2.14.2015) (4).JPG
Views: 6846
Size:  161.5 KB

Her Memorial Thread
Old October 31st, 2019, 05:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, my!! Spooky Lady G!

She sure had a fun personality!

Tags
lady g.