Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:08 PM

Exclamation Bad Wound on Kitty's Neck

My baby kitten has gotten some sort of wound on her neck. I have a bunch more kittens so I think it might be due to some rough housing and I originally overlooked it but upon looking closer and being able to see something move inside it, I got very worried that it might be very serious. I don't have the finances for a vet checkup if it turns out to be nothing so please help if you've seen this before!
Attached Images

Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:44 PM

Kitten is going to need to see a vet, if you saw something move inside the wound it's quite possible there is a grub/larva of some insect that will need to be carefully removed & the wound fully flushed. Probably will need antibotics to ward off any infection.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:53 PM

I agree with growlergatekeeper, years ago one of my kittens had that type of sore on his head, and a grub actually did come out of it
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Double Ditto the above. Do you have a regular Vet? Sometimes they will set up a payment plan for you. If you have other kittens that will need vaccinations and such your Vet might give you a break in anticipation of you using his/her services for the others down the road. My Vet gave me a breeder discount when I found four baby kittens. I'm not a breeder.
Old August 5th, 2016, 11:31 AM

Hi FreyjasFriend and welcome to the forum !

I don't like the look of that either....I certainly don't think it's in the "nothing" category.

If you could post your approximate location (perhaps the nearest large town/city) perhaps I/we could help by finding a local organization/group which could help getting veterinary care (they do these things)....obviously, the sooner, the better.

Fortunately, it appears to be localized now....time can change that, though.
Old August 5th, 2016, 09:50 PM

hi FreyjasFriend:

Welcome to the forum.

Something I have found very handy to have in the medicine cabinet for my cats is Colloidal Silver. It's an antibacterial agent that would help relieve bacterial infections in cases like this until you can have it seen by a vet.

I've used it for many years and I've found, under the direction of an eye surgeon who uses it for his dogs, to get the Colloidal Silver at between 5 and
10 ppm. It has a super wide range of uses. Put in a little spritzer bottle and sprayed about 3 or 4 times a day, will help to keep the infection down until you can get help. it's also very good for cat scratches and tooth puncture, that I have received from our cats from time to time. It's also very good for eye problems as well.

Do a bit of research into it to find out more. It can be picked up at your local health food store.

Please do as rustycat suggests and give us some idea of where you're at so we can help find a vet if possible.

Know where you're coming from with tight cash.

Tags
cat, wound