Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old December 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

A visit to Ashmont

I thought I might show you photo's of my sister's property, Ashmont(also her prefix for her shelties) in the gardening section simply because her garden is so beautiful, it shows what can be done in a better climate than we have here. The first photo is taken from just left of the front gate and shows the conifer garden in the center of the circular driveway. Second photo is of the big rose bed on the right side of the drive, while the third is of the smaller rose bed that is on the left side and continues right down beside the front verandah. The verandah goes right around the house, so not unusual to be sitting inside and have a sheltie watching you from outside.
Attached Images

Old December 27th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Quite an impressive looking property!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old December 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Next is the front lawn, and a couple of my shelties in the distance. Then looking back to the gate from the front steps, followed by this tree out the front that I really like. Don't know its name but it reminds me of a waterfall.
Attached Images

Old December 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Senior Contributor

That is just lovely. I bet you visit a lot. Looks like a lot of work too.

Our garden is under nearly two feet of snow right now, maybe more since the 30" high split rail fence has nearly disappeared. Not that it looks anything near as nice as that in summer.
Old December 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

First photo here is taken off the verandah, looking down to the orchard between two trees that HAZEL should recognize - the clue is in the name. Hehehe. Then a better shot of the orchard, and in the third I was standing on the back verandah, looking down to the rear of the block.On the left is a fenced vegetable garden and on the right a fenced herb garden.
Attached Images

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I have to go to bed seeing it'll be hot here tomorrow, I need to get up early to water the garden. Just for a laugh though, I will finish tonight with a photo that I titled Beauty and the Beast. I was trying to get a photo of that lovely yellow rose and Sal, the Shepherd, just had to poke her head in, like some silly kid pulling faces for the camera. Shall include a better one so I don't give the dog a bad name, like butt ugly. And to keep with the doggy theme, Roo enjoying a bone in Sally's dog yard. Shall post more photo's tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes, Marko, it's lovely, and they put a lot of work into it each Spring in order to be ready for the Sheltie Fun Day they run annually for the Club. They have a big raffle to raise money for the Rescue people. They had over 60 people there with their shelties this year and it just keeps attracting more and more.
Longblades, I don't get to visit at all. I'm tied here at home with my own animals and property to look after. I just got hi-jacked down there when I came out of hospital this time because Ian had also been admitted(had his hip replacement op) and they didn't want me here on my own trying to do all the work. Must admit that following my op and being on oxygen for the entire week, I was pretty flat when I got home. Barbara(sister) MADE me rest, she wouldn't even let me feed my own dogs!
More nice photo's tomorrow, I'll take a quick look at FB then go to bed.
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow what a beautiful property your sister has GF. There are no words really. Her GSD is beautiful also. And Roo, enjoying his bone, how great - life doesn't get much better.

That yard is too much work for me.