Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What doth the watchful setter eye behold...

Name:  Ember's eye 5-18-09 B.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  65.6 KB
What doth the watchful setter eye behold?

A multitude of wonders!
Name:  Luna moth 5-21-09 L.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  45.4 KB Name:  Luna moth 5-21-09 H.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  70.7 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Tiny Denizens of the air...

Name:  Hummers at the feeder 5-24-09 A2.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  61.1 KB Name:  Hummers at the feeders 5-25-09 AC2.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  60.0 KB
Name:  Hummers at the feeders 5-25-09 V1.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  67.7 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Beauty in the woods and gardens...

Name:  Along the easement- Wood anemone 5-7-09 C.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  70.7 KB Name:  Along the easement - Trillium 5-15-09 I.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  52.7 KB
Name:  Garden - Pansies 5-12-09 J.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  60.2 KB

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Portents of the hordes to come...

Name:  Hummers at the feeders 5-25-09 AP2.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  56.8 KB Name:  Hummers at the feeders 5-25-09 AE1.JPG
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  Hummers at the feeders 5-25-09 AN1.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  56.3 KB

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The watchful setter eye doth enjoy the merriment of others...

Name:  Brier pouncing on Kong 5-24-09 A1.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  49.9 KB
Name:  Cass with Kong 5-24-09 A.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  71.0 KB
Name:  Grace with Kong 5-24-09 C.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  62.4 KB

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

And if that eye be watchful enough...

...and that setter be quick enough...

Name:  Ember with Kong 5-24-09 A.JPG
Size:  58.0 KB
...said setter doth find himself claiming a little of that merriment for his own!

Old May 26th, 2009, 02:21 AM

Ember!!

the moth landed on your hand creepy little buggers but such neat looking wings

Pretty pansy faces you have , is the white one in the back completely solid or does it have any lines/face?

Whoa! excellent Hummingbird pics ~ so close & so clear

Happy Kong Chomping Pack

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:17 AM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
Each picture tells a story! Wonderful photos. Loved each one.
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Senior Contributor

yeah!! another beautiful picture story for my daycare!!! they love the adventures of the "spotted" puppies!!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Ember!!

the moth landed on your hand creepy little buggers but such neat looking wings

No, actually, I picked it up It was pretty spent...Luna Moths don't live long once they've morphed. I wanted to get a picture of it's adorable fuzzy belly

Pretty pansy faces you have, is the white one in the back completely solid or does it have any lines/face?

Solid white except for the yellow center.

Whoa! excellent Hummingbird pics ~ so close & so clear
They mob the feeders even when I'm actually in the little garden. I was planting impatiens and a bleeding heart and they were really hummin' up a storm so I stopped for some pictures.

I'm in serious trouble thought--we went through a bag of sugar in 2 days and this is the slow time of hummer season for the feeders. I'm gonna hafta hire a nectar chef for the migration this fall!

Also, I cheat. I use the edit zoom feature liberally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Each picture tells a story! Wonderful photos. Loved each one.

Brandykins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
yeah!! another beautiful picture story for my daycare!!! they love the adventures of the "spotted" puppies!!!
Melinda, did you know that there is also a Pack Newsletter and a StoryTime online that can be accessed from the Pack's home page? (Yes, the Hazel Run Pack is quite computer literate...I often ask them to help me with my technical problems. )The StoryTime changes each time a newsletter comes out--roughly once a month unless I'm really busy. Here's a link: Ms Macie on Dream Patrol

I'm glad the kids enjoy the Pack's threads here I'll have to see if I can be more diligent about posting

Old May 26th, 2009, 09:16 AM

Hazel...GREAT story and pictures as usual.
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Garden nut

I always love your pictures and lovely stories! You definitely have a way with words.

Love the hummers too and their little chattering sounds when fighting over the feeders.

Oh and the flower that I think is a Trillium. Those are so pretty!

The pack is lovely as always.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, SIL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Love the hummers too and their little chattering sounds when fighting over the feeders.

And the jet fighter sound when some of the more determined ones wing in to the feeders! I just love the little buggers!

Oh and the flower that I think is a Trillium. Those are so pretty!

Yep...the three-petaled one is a trillium. The other white one is a wood anemone. I braved the ticky underbrush and wandered into the woods to take some pics the other day. They're so pretty! Today the false geranium is in bloom so I predict another ticky trip in the near future.

The pack is lovely as always.
The Pack barks its thanks!

I wish I could download more of your pics, CearaQC. For some reason, your pics and Brandykin's just don't download for me On rare occasions I manage to see half a puppy or a semi-Belle, though

Oh, the joys of dial-up

Old May 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
-

Holy crow Hazel, no wonder I haven't seen any Hummers yet...You have 'em all

My Trilliums are just about spent sadly because they are one of my favs', I love woodland plants
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Lovely story. Lovely doggies. And lovely flower and birdie pics!!! Everything around your house is just loverly. Especially the hummers.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Senior Contributor

That's a doozy of a moth! Yikes! I love the eye photo.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Geek Club CEO

ooooh, Luna Moth, how pretty!!! I've only seen one in my life, lucky you!!! (and lucky setters!!!)
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I think the trillium is about done here, too, Chris. :sad: I love them, too! They grow thickly under the trees along the roads here--as far into the woods as you can see

The moths are very pretty, aren't they, bendyfoot? We see Luna Moths pretty frequently. Cecropias on occasion, too! I asked the in-laws to turn off their outside security light for a while--the moths are exhausting themselves fluttering around the light all night and we'd find them on the pavement in front of the garage in the morning...they really need to be expending their energy reproducing instead of flirting with a light... So we won't see any more for a while!

14+, you gonna volunteer to come here when the babies hatch and make hummingbird nectar for hazel? You'd be very welcome

I couldn't believe the detail that the camera picked up on that eye shot, AG! It's a pretty versatile little tool, that camera

Old May 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Master of the Drool!

Awww looks like the pack is enjoying great weather!!! Great pics and story as always Hazel
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
-

Each and every one of those pics are gorgeous.

I've never seen a luna moth .....they are very pretty. Not like the ugly suckers we get here.

Good luck with your Hummingbird Haven. They are so cool to watch but unfortunatly I rarely see them around here either. :sad:
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Geek Club CEO

Cecropias are incredible...they feel more like a little mammal in your hand than an insect, they're so furry and heavy...amazing and gorgeous!!!
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Half Way To Crazy

All your pictures are so clear and beautiful hazel!!

and the moth buggy that is on your hand, that is amazing !!

and so many hummingbirds o my,

Old May 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mmmm, you want help with the nectar making? So that means packing up 26 or so kitties and coming down for how long? And just when hubby has the catuary looking really good!!
I have to get my feeder out soon myself. I've seen a couple of hummers around here too. Not nearly as many as you but still............

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Aw, thanks for all the nice comments, ladies.

I agree, bendyfoot--cecropias are just amazing animals!!

And any time you wanna pack 'em up and bring 'em on down, 14+, we'll make room for the kitties. While you're here slaving over hot nect...urm...I mean, relaxing on the bench watching the hummers , your hubby can get caught up on all those little kitty catuary projects that he can't do while they're in residence--like installing their own fridge to keep their midnight snacks fresh, carpeting the walls with the finest scratching materials, and the 40 gallon fish tank for their entertainment!

Lessee....how long? Well, the hummers typically are gone by the end of September, so pack accordingly.

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Doggie Wench

Sandman thought the moth was a butterfly so did I .

Love the photos, love the story, love the flowers, love the hummingbirds, but love the doggies best of all .
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I'm a softy

WOW that moth is AMAZING!! I have NEVER seen anything like it!! We just have little grey kinda ugly ones... NOTHING like THAT!! WOW!! pretty!!

Have not seen and humming birds yet, should be soon!! But now that I am in the city maybe I will see less? This is my first summer not on a farm

your dogs are beautiful again! I REALLY love them I haven't told you that before have I?
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

They're pretty enough to be a butterfly, that's for sure!

LP, the Pack sends slurpy kisses for you and Sandman. Oh, and the Sheriff wants to congratulate Penny and Lucky on their skillful defense of the homestead!

LML, we hardly saw any when we were in the city, but I have friends that used to get hummingbirds to their feeders in droves, even though they were just a block or two away They never told me their secret, though.

I hope you get lots!!

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel,what a beautiful moth,I thought for sure it was a butterfly.
Have to Google cecropias,no idea what they are..
All your pics are beautiful,love the eye-shot
You could be generous and let us have a couple of Hummers,ok
Was it one part sugar,3 parts water for the Hummers???
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

chico, I often start out at a 1 part sugar: 3 parts water formula when the birds first get here--sort of an incentive to stick around and recover after their long migration... But after the first week or so I switch to a 1:4 ratio. They seem to like it. They keep bringing their friends

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank's Hazel,I'll cook some up tomorrow,maybe I'll get ONE Hummer,today the Gold-Finches went to the Hummer-feeder