Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

KMK's new house

My DH has been busy building a safe area for KMK so he could get out of the small shed. It is inside the sanctuary with the other kitties but he is completely enclosed. This way there is no fights and he gets to be outside. I think it's marvelous! It is 8 feet by 6 feet. Lots of room for him to be happy.
The end piece that is closed in holds his bed, a spare blanket for him to lie on, and his litter box. The top lifts up so I can clean his litter. I am hoping this leads to KMK eventually being able to be in with the other kitties.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Is it safe to come out now?
Name:  100_5236.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  65.7 KB
Lots to see over here.
Name:  100_5239.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  60.6 KB
hmmm, and over there too. I might just learn to like this.
Name:  100_5238.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  60.4 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww 14+,that's sooo great for KMK,your hubby is an angel,also very talented.
KMK,must love to feel the grass under his paws
Great job,Mr 14+
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Remembering Lukka

Oh that house is just marvy. Fantastic way to let him have some fresh air and be safe at the same time. Well done
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks ladies. He did another wonderful job, didn't he? I just tell him what I want done and he takes it from there. Have already told him I would love to have another one just like that one built for "emergencies."
I went over to check to see how things are going a while ago. KMK came out of his little bed area stretching, saw all the kitties gathered around me, and started growling. Loudly!! I am sure once he gets used to seeing them he will get better. At least I hope so.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh I love it! Hubby needs to go into the kitty enclosure business!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
~Cat Servent~

Ok... that is one very sweet man.... what an awesome enclosure!!! And KMK looks so happy!!!

I have to take hubby to work in TO tomorrow, if it's not too late I'll come visit!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a great half-way kitty house! KMK already looks intrigued by Wide World. Soon enough he'll be on first-name basis with the rest of the crew and become part of the gang Have any of the other kitties gone over to check him out, yet?

He sure is a handsome boy!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Oh I love it! Hubby needs to go into the kitty enclosure business!
Don't think he's quite ready to give up his day job yet AG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post

Ok... that is one very sweet man.... what an awesome enclosure!!! And KMK looks so happy!!!

I have to take hubby to work in TO tomorrow, if it's not too late I'll come visit!
I'll be here. Make sure it's when the sun is still shining so you can see everything. I think even your hubby would be impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
What a great half-way kitty house! KMK already looks intrigued by Wide World. Soon enough he'll be on first-name basis with the rest of the crew and become part of the gang Have any of the other kitties gone over to check him out, yet?

He sure is a handsome boy!
I think his half way house may be a long term house for him. He wasn't too impressed with the other kitties getting close to "his" house. MiniMo tried coming over to be petted a few times when I was talking to KMK. He has a very nasty growl.

I told hubby what everyone has been saying. He says he does it because I get pleasure out of it. It isn't because of the kitties. Nope, it's not!!

Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
He wasn't too impressed with the other kitties getting close to "his" house. MiniMo tried coming over to be petted a few times when I was talking to KMK. He has a very nasty growl.
But it's only just the first few days--you wait...he'll be schmoozing with the rest of them by the end of summer!

So hubby says he's doing it because it give you pleasure? That's one nice guy!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
But it's only just the first few days--you wait...he'll be schmoozing with the rest of them by the end of summer!

So hubby says he's doing it because it give you pleasure? That's one nice guy!
I really hope he will be ready to join the rest of them eventually. Although his little bed would be very snug for him in the winter it would be better for him to be cuddled with the rest. Or if not cuddled at least in the same space sharing heat.
Yep, that's what hubby says. He is pretty wonderful.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
-

omg that is so cute and thoughtful !!! I wish I could build one for my guys so they could spend some time outside .... can I hire you and hubby ?

oh off topic here 14+ .... been meaning to tell you ... my bro and SIL came over last week. It had been a long time since they came by. At one point I saw my SIL in the living room , crying I asked her what was wrong and she couldn't speak , she just pointed to something so I went to look and it was the portrait you did of Sam. It was your poem that made her cry , she loved it , she was overwhelmed
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
150% PRO S/N

Aww thank you Frenchy. That means a lot. I truly do believe Sam is still there watching over you.
As for hiring us......... I'll get right on it. Maybe hubby could do up a plan for you and you can get that friend that was supposed to help with your pool to come help you make it. The whole thing cost about $200. Not too bad.

Old May 24th, 2009, 04:03 AM

Awesome KMK house Wonderful job Mr 14+

Looks like KMK is loving the new arrangement already

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Another great job done by Mr. 14+ . KMK may feel a little left out of play time after watching the other kitties for a while. Maybe even feel they really aren't a threat and want to play too

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
150% PRO S/N

Well, KMK is not impressed this morning. I went out to feed everyone. He came out of his sleeping area and immediately started growling. When I went in to feed him he wouldn't come close for a pet at all. He jumped on top of the little table thingy I put in and I sat beside him. He just growled and hissed at me. :sad:
I suspect that in a few days he will start settling.
Thanks for the wonderful comments. Hubby is embarrassed.

Old May 25th, 2009, 02:10 AM

Not surprising he was hissing & growling, he's been stressed with the move to the new house & seeing the other kitties so close. Once he gets used to the new surroundings & being able to be "outside" and seeing the others can't hurt him, he will settle.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

kr visited for a while last night. We went over to see the kitties. Went into KMK's house for a few minutes. He jumped up on a little ledge in there and actually let me pet him for a little bit.
Today he wasn't too bad. He let me pet him, was purring for a while. He still won't sit on my knee like he had been doing but I am sure in a couple of more days he will be. I did get him playing with a toy with me for a few minutes. That's a good sign.
It's kinda cute how he growls when the other kitties get too close. Mini can actually come up pretty close and he just watches her. Maybe it's a kindred spirit thing. She's the one that was taken off the road last year so she doesn't quite fit in with the others either.

Old May 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe he and Mini will be buddies.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I think he will settle in quite nicely. Maybe he will become best buds with Mini . It is interesting how kitties can read body language and I think they see things that we don't notice.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I am sure once he realizes he's safe where he is,he'll relax,maybe even one day he will go out and join the group
Can't wait to see them all
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
That is fantastic, 14+Kitties. I bet the wee one thinks it's a palace - and it is!! Good work done by your DH!

Lovely to see him in it - he looks so much at home in it!!

Great piccies

Take care.
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Very nice.
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks edwina. He doesn't want to come out and join the rest of the kitties. Is quite content in his little home.
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh My... I missed this thread!

Your hubs did a fabulous job...AGAIN!! Give him another hug from me! That is so kewl! You are one lucky gal to have a sweetie like hubs that is for sure! Does he have a brother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Well, KMK is not impressed this morning. I went out to feed everyone. He came out of his sleeping area and immediately started growling. When I went in to feed him he wouldn't come close for a pet at all. He jumped on top of the little table thingy I put in and I sat beside him. He just growled and hissed at me. :sad:
I suspect that in a few days he will start settling.
Thanks for the wonderful comments. Hubby is embarrassed.
Did u go to see the other kitties before u saw KMK? If u did, maybe he smelt the other kitties on u and that's why he was growling?

Those kitties are sure blessed to have u and hubs in their lives!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)