Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM

" LOST" Russell Terrier/Pug Mix - Huntsville

Harpo is what they call a "JUG" - Jack Russell/Pug. I have had him for 2 years and he was rescued from the Oshawa Dog Pound. He has been missing since Thursday December 7, 2007. The area he was last seen is Echo Hills Rd/Hwy 60 in Dwight Township (East of Huntsville). My husband Mark said it was a matter of 10 minutes and he was gone. There was no sign of trauma in the snow so he has a feeling someone may have took him. My other dog Hydro (Border Terrier) was with Harpo the same time but when Mark called them back only Hydro came back. Harpo is very friendly and could have easily jumped into someone's vehicle without any hesitation. Mark has put up posters and has gone to the radio but he's now keeps thinking is there anything else he should do. If anyone lives in this area and sees him please let us know. Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Beatlefan46; December 9th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old December 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM

What a cutie...I hope you find him soon! Try all shelters around your place, put up posters. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old December 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

My dad works down there, so I sent him the picture so he can keep an eye out too.
I hope he is found and safely returned to you.
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Thank you very much! I would appreciate that. I hope and pray that we find him. For the short time my husband Mark has been there Harpo has such made an impression on everyone. He is beeing sadly missed as we speak.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:10 AM
-

I have a friend who lives 5 minutes outside of Dwight going towards Huntsville. I have emailed her your posting, she will pass it along. for Harpo's quick return.
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Your friend may have heard it on the radio then. I was talking to my husband today and he said quite a few people are looking out for him. I really really appreciate it. It has been a rough weekend for me so it's good to know everyone out there is trying to find him.
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Well it's been a week and no sighting of him. I've got a post on CanadaStrays.com. I really wish that there would only be one site that you could go to and either post or look to find your pet. There are so many out there, it would be impossible to check them all. It's very frustrating. I also posted it on Facebook. I really miss him:sad:
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Hi, unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. Billie disappeared over 7 months ago and we've never heard anything about her. www.petfinder.com and www.petharbor.com are 2 good sites to look at.
Good luck in finding Harpo.
Old December 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM

I put an ad on petfinder.com as well. This is an e-mail I got. The e-mail sender was Pets Finder (l.petfinder@gmail.com)

Greetings,
The management of petfinder have discovered the lost pet you posted on our website.The pet have been located at Cam.It seems to have been stolen from local area .The petfinder management have traced the pet with one man trying to go away with.The pet is at the camair airlines write to them with your full address so that the pet can be delivered home.This is the airlines managerment email address
c.camair@yahoo.com write to them so that the pet can be return .As soon as the pet reaches you let us know.
Thanks
Petfinder management.

Now, does this not look like a scam letter to you. Do they think I'm that stupid? Gee, I wonder how much "MONEY" they want so that they can return my pet they claimed that they had found. I just replied back to the asking to send proof. I requested a photo of this dog. I'll just see how quickly they respond back.

Last edited by Beatlefan46; December 14th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old December 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,what on earth is Camair???
When I first read it,I got excited thinking your pup had been found and I bet you did to:sad:
If this is a scam and it probably is,it never suprises me anymore how low people can sink
Old December 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
banned user

That's just not fair when people try and scam those who have lost their pets for monetary gains...it is heartbreaking enough without having to play head games with them.
Don't give up...I know everybody here probably thinks I am crazy but I will never give up hope.
I am so sorry, your dog looks like a real sweetheart.
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

OMG Shirley, I don't think anyone thinks you're crazy. As a matter of fact, of just rooting for your pooch to come home were enough, you would be taking a family portrait right now. We are all on your side, I am sure.

Beatle, I had similar experiences while searching for an Airedale I had fostered who took off. Disgusting, to be sure. There are some very mean people out there. Good luck.
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM

I guess these people think that you get so distraught that you would do anything to get your loved one back. You might think I'm crazy but I have enquired on some dogs from 2 rescue groups. I told my sister since I used her as a reference. I'm not obligated to take the dog if and when I meet it but sister had asked if it was too soon to be looking for another dog. I told her, it's like when you were able to smoke in a restaurant. You had your appetizer and then you wait for the entree. You think you have time so you light up a smoke and then poof, they bring your food. So, I figured if I do this, then when it comes time to make a decision of getting another dog, Harpo will be found. Wishful thinking eh?
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Senior Contributor

I think you can tell just from the way that email is written that it's a scam.
The verbs are all screwy, maybe a form letter. Who says
Quote:
The petfinder management have traced the pet with one man trying to go away with.
Creeps. People who prey on those who are already suffering are the lowest of the low. Even if you are curious, do NOT contact them.
Old December 15th, 2007, 04:10 AM
-

That is just sick. :sad: Did you report this to Petfinders and the police?
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM

I went to petfinder.com but I could not find an e-mail address. Usually these sites would have "contact us" at the bottom of the screen but there was nothing.
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:26 PM

I can't believe it. The Humane Society of Canada website has been hacked into. We had posted Harpo on there yesterday. This morning I was printing off the site and when I returned to it, our entry was gone. Called the HSC and they couldn't understand it so we had to repost. I just tried to get into it and you get this black screen with some wording and then it ends with "TurkStorM.Org". These morons thinks it funny but a delay like this is another day without finding Harpo or any other family pet that was listed on that site.