Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old May 31st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Contributor

RJ Girlca, in Verdun there's couple of places where you can buy Wellness.
Near 5th avenue, there's a groomer who sells variety of of hollistic foods. Also, check near the Verdun Library, there's a food store there, maybe they sell it.

If you go to Nun's Island, I know there's a little place in the mall that sells it.

I pick up my food on Sherbrooke st.West, a store called Natural Animal or Bark and Fitz.
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I've bought a few cans of it, my boys don't really like it. They really like Natural Balance wet..here it's anywhere from a 1.45 to 1.75 ( ya they're spoiled) They don't like Wellness canned much either but like the Wellness Indoor cat dry.

I tried to go the raw route with them. The only one who would even take a lick and actually eat some was Baxter, he passed away last year. I don't think Bobee and Coco even think that it's food!
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I get the largest bag of Wellness for 42.00 here and the store I go to has a loyalty thing going, so this month I picked up my free bag too. A bag lasts me 2 months.
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Hi

I just wanted to mention that you can buy "Wellness, Innova Evo, and Nature's Variety Instinct"
At Little Bear on Ste Catherine near Greene Avenue.
It's my local animal food shop.. they have quite the extensive selection.

They Deliver as well, not sure what the boundaries are but call them and see.

Adorable cat I hope he finds a home!
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Yes Mr. Nino has a home! He's been living with us since early July and he's becoming a real love bug...he likes to make it difficult to watch tv lately. We weren't sure at first how he'd be with his new roomies, 2 cats and a dog but he's doing very nicely and I haven't heard his 'bobcat' style scream in a long time now.
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

yay pattimac, what a beautiful edition to your family, pic's please, we need to see that he is well taken care of and not being spoiled too badly
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I must admit I'm a lousy one for taking pics so I only have the pics that were posted here of him. Oh he's spoiled all right!! I'm glad I got him, there were a few times when we wondered if he would be able to fit in but he has. Took him quite a while but the wait and patience paid off. He still has the odd grumpy moment with the 2 other boys but he's figuring out that no one will hurt or hit or even yell at him.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
Senior Contributor

What a lovely ending to Nico's story.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

pattymac,I am sooooo happy you have Nino,he is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seenwith the personality to match
I had to read the posts from the beginning,but when I saw Frenchys pics of him I remembered.
Maine Coons are known for an even laid back temperament,maybe he was just scared in the beginning.
I hope he has a long happy life with you and we would really love some pics if possible
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Once we move and get settled I promise pics and maybe I can even get some video. Hehe this afternoon we were taking a break from packing and Bobee was on my lap and Nino decided to join us!! Well, there was no snarling or grumbling but also ok like my lap isn't quite big enough for both. Nino could probably fit except for that tail of his!! It's sooo thick and full and he just loves smacking you in the head with it! He doesn't really like your lap either he'd rather lay across your chest and with all his hair you just can't see the tv!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
Once we move and get settled I promise pics and maybe I can even get some video. Hehe this afternoon we were taking a break from packing and Bobee was on my lap and Nino decided to join us!! Well, there was no snarling or grumbling but also ok like my lap isn't quite big enough for both. Nino could probably fit except for that tail of his!! It's sooo thick and full and he just loves smacking you in the head with it! He doesn't really like your lap either he'd rather lay across your chest and with all his hair you just can't see the tv!
- nothing like cat tail hair in your mouth while watching the telle! Can't wait to see more of your beauties.